FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tokely's 500th Appearance

kencar

It was in the days where you only listed 3 subs so no sub GK. As there was no sub, Ross went in goal and had to wear Fridge's top so we can legitimately say he has worn the #1 strip :lol:

He had a clean sheet too !!!! Incidentally, Robbo was playing for Livi that day but went off before he had a chance to test Tokes.

REPORT FROM THE GAME:

SAT 27th FEBRUARY 1999 CALEDONIAN STADIUM LEAGUE DIVISION 2

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE 3 (McLean 24, Wilson 31, Shearer 70)

LIVINGSTON 1 (McCormick 8)

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE ? Fridge, Tokely, Hastings, Teasdale, Mann, McCulloch,

Wilson (Robson 88), Shearer (Glancy 80), McLean (Cherry 73), Christie, Sheerin

LIVINGSTON ? Alexander, Boyle (McPhee 64), Deas, McManus, Watson, Millar, King,

Conway (Harvey 55), Robertson (Feroz 81), McCormick, Fleming

REFEREE ? J Rowbotham (Kirkcaldy) ATTENDANCE - 3279

SENT OFF ? Fridge (ICT), Deas (Livingston) MAN OF THE MATCH ? Les Fridge (ICT)

REPORT ? Heavy rain and a snow blizzard put the game in severe doubt but at 2 pm the pitch was declared playable. Livingston pressed hard from the kick off and in the second minute Les Fridge saved a John Robertson drive. Two minutes later at the other end Neil Alexander dropped a Barry Wilson cross but Duncan Shearer hit the post.

Livingston took the lead in 8 minutes when Mark McCormick pounced on a bad clearance and hit it past Fridge from just inside the area. Caley Thistle took control and equalised in 24 minutes. Ross Tokely crossed from the right, it went through Alexander?s hands and Scott McLean tapped it home. Alexander redeemed himself 4 minutes later when he tipped over a Barry Wilson free kick.

ICT took the lead in 31 minutes when a Shearer drive deflected off a defender and Wilson hit it past Alexander. On the 44 minute mark Fridge tipped a Frank Conway header onto the bar then Scott Mclean hit it past the post on the whistle at the other end.

The second half was a re-run of the first with Caley Thistle pressing and Livingston hitting on the break. In 53 minutes Shearer set up Wilson on the edge of the box but his return pass was blocked. In 59 minutes the home defence failed to clear but Paul Harvey hit it past.

Livingston?s best chance to equalise fell to John Robertson in 66 minutes ? he took a McCormick cross and hit it hard only to see Fridge make a great stop. The points were sealed in 70 minutes. Barry Wilson set up Ross Tokely who ran into the area and sent across a low ball - Alexander tipped it into the path of Shearer and he knocked it home.

It should have been 4-1 in 72 minutes when Barry Wilson was just outside the box heading towards goal when he was brought down by Paul Deas. The red card was inevitable. Both sides had chances after that but the defences held firm. With 5 minutes left Les Fridge was unlucky to be sent off when he tackled Brian McPhee outside the box. Contact was minimal but McPhee went down and Fridge was shown the red card.

Ross Tokely took over in goal. The score remained 3-1 and Caley Thistle now lie 4 points adrift.

here's hoping that this weekend Terry lets him wear number 9 (the only number he has not worn) and obviously makes him captain for the day :lol:

I did ask someone at the club to put a word in Tel's ear about that. The response was negative. Not sure but I think the numbers in SFL reflect position and I think we need Ross at the back.

here's hoping that this weekend Terry lets him wear number 9 (the only number he has not worn) and obviously makes him captain for the day :lol:

I did ask someone at the club to put a word in Tel's ear about that. The response was negative. Not sure but I think the numbers in SFL reflect position and I think we need Ross at the back.

I reckon, once we've secured our place in the Scottish cup final and our promotion, he should get to be captain, striker, in 'The hole' and libero all in the one game.

here's hoping that this weekend Terry lets him wear number 9 (the only number he has not worn) and obviously makes him captain for the day :rolleyes:

Been a while since someone had me reaching for the rulebook....but here you go.

From the SFL Constitution and Rules 2009-10

66.7 Those players commencing the match shall be numbered one to eleven in accordance with the list

handed to the referee before the match and the substitutes numbered from twelve onwards.

This is the only reference made to what numbers should be used and there's nothing to indicate that numbers should reflect position played.

Rossco is superman... Rossco is superman