FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tokely's 500th Appearance

kencar

So thats CaleyThistleOnline, the BBC, Highland News and Inverness Courier all done some sort of article on the Big Man's 500th ...... are the official site going to recognise this tremendous achievement that has never been done in our club history ?

"I'm out of contract at the end of the season so everything's a bit up in the air," said the right-back.

"The gaffer's out of contract as well and no-one's mentioned a word"

This is not acceptable.

We are suffering a bit from topic drift, but I do agree with you 100% !!!

I commented on this very thing on another thread somewhere but the excuse trotted out is that "we do not know what division we will be in next season" ...... funny that, neither do Ross County and they have now got something like 9 or 10 of their first team signed up on extended deals ...... Garry Wood being the latest.

Its simple really, offer the guys you want to keep a decent deal (within our wage structure) and include a promotion/relegation clause that allows the club and player to negotiate/agree to a wage rise/drop (or even a release) based on the division we are in come the end of the season. Its not f****** rocket science !!!

He should be one of the 1st to be offered a new deal, before bringing anyone else in as well. We need to keep a hold of great servants like Tokely and Munro or we'll lose all the team identity we have. They know what the club is about and that will be vital if we are to ever get out of this league.

He should be one of the 1st to be offered a new deal, before bringing anyone else in as well. We need to keep a hold of great servants like Tokely and Munro or we'll lose all the team identity we have. They know what the club is about and that will be vital if we are to ever get out of this league.

I'm worried that we will lose much more than team identity in the months that lie ahead. The inability of the club's board to communicate with the management, the players, the staff and of course least of all, the supporters is not only unacceptable - it is an obscenity.

There are so many unanswered questions regarding the future of ICT....

Just how long do the chairman and board intend to continue with their wall of silence?

Edited by Johnboy

Club legend. Deserves all the praise he gets. Would love a traditional Rosscoe run ti win us the game today

I'm also pleased he has taken the initative to voice his concerns about the clubs future. Shows he has got the bottle to ask the question as it is something that must be sorted sooner rather than later

Big Ross is a legend in my eyes but......

if it wasn't for one rash challenge he'd probably still be playing 'at a higher level' :024:

Didn't Rossco get sent off before on his big day, maybe his 300th or something?

Read article in Sunday broadsheet sports column pull out (cant remember which 1 like) that with his contract being up at end of season, he's not sure if he's gonna stay, not only as he's not been offered a contract but because he feels he is still young and wants to play at a higher level.

Im getting a touch worried. Offer the lad a 5 year deal to get him to see out his career here. 1 year for every 100 games he's played for us.

The inability of the club's board to communicate with the management, the players, the staff and of course least of all, the supporters is not only unacceptable - it is an obscenity.

you forgot to mention shareholders (with the exception of one of them !)

It's a big achievement for any player :001:

he's stood by the team and is basically in with the bricks.

However this means he is getting close to hanging up his boots :D

Steady on, he's only 30....

The inability of the club's board to communicate with the management, the players, the staff and of course least of all, the supporters is not only unacceptable - it is an obscenity.

you forgot to mention shareholders (with the exception of one of them !)

I wonder, Scotty, just how many shareholders like you and I there are and whether there are enough to voice opinion. I know we dont hold enough between us all but the voice of the masses might just waken the minds of the few. Add to the '100 share' holders the supporters trust. All of who's members are, technically, shareholders. Maybe its time the supporters of this club put their act together and showed their disappointment at the way this great club is being run. Its happened at many other clubs, indeed thats pretty much where trusts came from, why not ours?

What the major shareholders need to realise is that their investment is worth nothing if there is no club. Or is it the case, like the Gretna story, where a few people got together and worked out a plan to gain a bit of glory and now they've realised that, they dont give a damn.

Rossco, I remember well the night you swept the boards with awards and the way you hogged the dance floor. I also remember meeting you at Aberdeen station, still in your tracksuit, after being sent off that day. ((The Pit was our home) I know how much you gave for this club and I know how gutted you'd be to leave it. You still have plenty years in you and plenty games to play. I wish for them all to be in the No.2 at ICT. I also know you deserve to be at a higher level than the present ambitions of this club.

Mr Chairman, I hope you read this and weep.