Plea to the board!

Pele_Is_God

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the OP. We lost some of our better players when we were relegated, but Butcher's signings, despite a slow start, have grown as the season has progressed. We now have the nucleus of a strong team. Hayes, Stratford, Bulvitis, Sanchez, Odiambo and Cox have all impressed and can only get better.

This was always going to be one of those tricky 'transition' seasons but we've come through and have a great chance of going straight back up. Both our results and our performances have improved steadily. We are seeing some of the best attacking football being played at the TCS for many a year and long may it continue.

I agree with the OP. We lost some of our better players when we were relegated, but Butcher's signings, despite a slow start, have grown as the season has progressed. We now have the nucleus of a strong team. Hayes, Stratford, Bulvitis, Sanchez, Odiambo and Cox have all impressed and can only get better.

Really?

This was always going to be one of those tricky 'transition' seasons but we've come through and have a great chance of going straight back up. Both our results and our performances have improved steadily. We are seeing some of the best attacking football being played at the TCS for many a year and long may it continue.

Really?

Edited by Renegade

I'd agree with the OP.

I think it just as important to get Hayes, Cox on longer deals. Sign Bully. Get Tokely and the other lads signed up asap also.

We're creating a good nucleus of players and we need continuity if we are to have any success, this season or next. To do this we need to get our best players on contracts. Don't make the same mistake we made with Cowie, Black etc and leave it too late.

I agree with the OP as well....we need to get some stability back into things or we will just continue to lurch from one Manager to another with teams being hauled apart and put back together every season and fans having to wait till "things start coming together".

Butcher and Malpas are doing as much as can be expected with what they have to work with and we seem to have found a bit of consistency....why wouldn't people want that to continue in to next season?

He gave us a teriffic victory in the cup over another SPL side - Motherwell, doing even better than Killie, with a new manager...

Why then, did he feck about with that side by dropping Russel, and bringing in Lionel?

kicks?

Whatever the board decide I just hope they get the finger out....our players are showing a bit of form and with only 3 of them in contract at the end of the season they could well be picked up by other clubs and whoever is manager next season could be the least of our problems.

Regardless of whichever manager we want the fact is there is only 3 more months left of the season and the board cannot hide away in the dark twiddling their thumbs anymore, they have to put some sort of plan in place for the good of the club, i.e Butcher and Malpas, player contracts. It has to be done NOW and not when players and managerial staff are turning up voluntarily

Ross County don't know what league they will be in next season, yet they have virtually their whole squad secure for a year or more.

I for one am in favour of extending Butcher and Malpas's stay. They have brought the best out of players who at one point seemed to have no future at the club, they have unearthed some real gems in the transfer market and some duds but i'm sure they will learn.

The fact is the team is unbeaten in the league for 3 months and we now have a settled squad. we have suffered some lows yes but it appears now that were beginning to learn from them and using them as motivation, alot of that has to go down to the manager surely.

Stability and continuity is what the club needs right now.

Edited by ajsict92

Guest Mahonio

Maybe i underestimated the genius that is Terry Butcher when i was consistintely calling for his head at the start of the season but now i do believe in him and yes we should get him signed up on longer contract as he WILL get us to SPL and maybe keep us there if he deals well in the transfer market.

Maybe i underestimated the genius that is Terry Butcher when i was consistintely calling for his head at the start of the season but now i do believe in him and yes we should get him signed up on longer contract as he WILL get us to SPL and maybe keep us there if he deals well in the transfer market.

I would be the first to acknowledge that TB has brought in a bunch of decent players, but if this season goes right down to the wire, with promotion resting on the final game of the season at home to Dundee, would you trust him to pick the right team/tactics for the day?

Edited by Johnboy

Terry made 1 bad call in the final game in playing Ross centre half instead of Pavels. But we had chances to draw level. We could have won the week before. Ross might not have been sent off. Its done now.

Since November the team has started to gel and it's pretty much Terry's team now. I think it's only fair to give him another season.

Dundee have spent big (more than any other team outwith Celtic) so were no doubt going to be favourites and Ross County have strong finances. No team since hibs in 99 has bounced straight back up and they are a much bigger club who should never have went down.

Get the manager signed up and the players will follow suite (if offered deals) but we need to start planning.

And when a club has a limited budget there will always be the occasional duff player. Pele is a legend but is anyone suggesting he never signed a bad player? or Robertson. Neither of them had to deal with relegation for the 1st time in our history.

I like Dead Ball's attitude and views. Oh and Caley D's attitude also.

Positivity is what we need now and playing attacking football is about the only thing that will bring back the fans in numbers.

That and promotion, of course.Smile.

Confidence by the players in their ability will increase exponentially to or with success.

With highly trained athletes competeing with other similarly trained athletes confidence and superior emotional and mental energy are the key things that make the difference between them .

So if signing up Terry and Mauraic can engender these forces, then why not take the plunge and sign them, Mr Board.

Something like 3 players under contract for next season and no management team is what we have. It is time to sign up Butcher, Malpas, and co, and make sure if we dont go up this season, we are ready for next with the same squad, but a few more of Terry's favourites. Otherwise, it will be groundhog day.