FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Where is the money?

givmeaccccc

If we have failed to switch on the USH 4 or 5 days ago because of cost it raises the question og where our cash has gone? This weather isn't unique, every forecast has been predicting it all week and it has been colder this week with frost since Tuesday!

We have more season ticket holders than ever before - hence more readily available cash flow.

We received a large 'parachute' payment, circa ?250,000

We got cash ?20,000 or even ?40,000 for Imrie

We got rid of Smith who must have been on a big salary

We got rid of other staff members

The players surely aren't earning as much

So how can we not afford a couple of thousand quid to get one of the most important games on when we are riding high and it was a beautiful day?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus H Christ.

Does everything have to be a conspiracy?

It's called being frugal with your money, and also knowing the facts. As has been mentioned, the temperatures were so low that the USH wouldn't have matter anyway.

USH isn't the all singing all dancing saviour that people think it is - just look at the St Johnstone match.

Edited by EWS

If we have failed to switch on the USH 4 or 5 days ago because of cost it raises the question og where our cash has gone? This weather isn't unique, every forecast has been predicting it all week and it has been colder this week with frost since Tuesday!

We have more season ticket holders than ever before - hence more readily available cash flow.

So how can we not afford a couple of thousand quid to get one of the most important games on when we are riding high and it was a beautiful day?

You forgot to add Barrowman too.

Just one off those things.

If you count the cash coming in at the gate instead of the heads, the difference would be vast compared to last year,no TV money, hospitality takings down and no SPL cash.

It was pretty severe last night, I thought it was quite mild today but a bottle of water had completely frozen overnight in the boot of the car.

Just one off those things.

If you count the cash coming in at the gate instead of the heads, the difference would be vast compared to last year,no TV money, hospitality takings down and no SPL cash.

It was pretty severe last night, I thought it was quite mild today but a bottle of water had completely frozen overnight in the boot of the car.

mmmm must have been below zero, then.

EWS - No conspiracy just asking a question which as a season ticket holder and shareholder I am perfectly entitled to do. Perhaps if we had a club who were more open with information this Forum would be less necessary but that has never and will never happen.

ps, Have just Googled under soil heating specifications and it is very vague but talks about working at -10C. Also mentions zones which is very interesting.

EWS - No conspiracy just asking a question which as a season ticket holder and shareholder I am perfectly entitled to do. Perhaps if we had a club who were more open with information this Forum would be less necessary but that has never and will never happen.

ps, Have just Googled under soil heating specifications and it is very vague but talks about working at -10C. Also mentions zones which is very interesting.

Thats salesman's patter, if they can get it to work at -10 it must be on their best possible conditions,just like a double glazing salesman would tell you how much you could save by replacing your windows, it might be worth looking at covering up the areas that are more prone to freezing

Depends on the type of USH. Ours is hot water pipe system set 12" below ground. A lot of heat transfer is required to keep the hard frosts at bay.

As a season ticket holder you'll know that your book is over ?100 cheaper than last year.

As a season ticket holder you'll know that your book is over ?100 cheaper than last year.

So are you suggesting that as we are in Div1, we can't expect the USH to be turned on for as long at takes to make the pitch playable?

Think some are missing some points. It has been stated that the USH is no good below -5 so, regardless of how long its been on, the surface would still freeze. McDairmid have had there's on all week and still failed an inspection today.

Think some are missing some points. It has been stated that the USH is no good below -5 so, regardless of how long its been on, the surface would still freeze. McDairmid have had there's on all week and still failed an inspection today.

Think there might have been a problem with St Johnstone's USH system...

Quote :

A statement from Saints read: "St Johnstone Football Club wishes to apologise to all supporters for the late postponement of our game against Rangers FC at McDiarmid Park on Saturday 20th February 2010.

"Our undersoil heating was switched on for our midweek game against Hibernian FC and worked perfectly.

"The heating was again switched on on Thursday prior to our game today but an area in the penalty box at the Ormond Stand end of the ground was found to be hard.

"The match referee, Mike Tumilty, felt that this area could be dangerous for players of both clubs and called the game off. Both managers agreed with the decision

I think some folk assume under soil is a cure all for winter ills,obviously conditions were such that the man making the decision wasn't satisfied it was playable,I was very surprised it was off,but I'm sure ICT fans can rest assured if anyone could have got it playable, Tommy would have done so.

I think some folk assume under soil is a cure all for winter ills,obviously conditions were such that the man making the decision wasn't satisfied it was playable,I was very surprised it was off,but I'm sure ICT fans can rest assured if anyone could have got it playable, Tommy would have done so.

I think by the time 3pm came along it probably was playable....

But ours is not to reason why....

:ohmy:

It is up to the referee to decide if the pitch is playable. Even with undersoil heating on, areas of the pitch can still be frozen and pose a threat to the safety of players and match officials. I also realise the cost of running the undersoil heating being a factor at ?80 an hour. I'm sure there's a good few folk on here who watch the football league show on a Saturday night. I've seen a good few of the smaller clubs using what looks like greenhouse type tents with burning oil drums on bricks to keep the frost at bay. Wonder if such a set-up might be feasible for ICT?

Right you are now forgetting the other factors that have come into play aswell.

S/T - as caleyD has said that season tickets are ?100 down on what they were last season.

wages - we are still paying 1st division footballers SPL wages so thats a big drain on our funds

USH - for the games that have had the USH on before hand runs at approx ?5-7k a game that had it on

Niculae - We still have to pay him the monies he's due aswell as this pointless appeal next month which we will lose.

attendence - We may still be getting close to some of the crowds we had in SPL but most were paying ?22-25 a ticket for that instead of the ?13 it is now plus there is no TV revenue coming in and now we are out of all cups so there will be no income from that.

Basically we cannot afford to run something that (a) might not work in the weather conditions being forecasted and (:D will greatly reduce the income from a game against let's face it a team who will bring up maybe 200 fans tops.

I have read this thread and I think this post sums the situation up nicely. The Supporters Trust meet monthly with the club as you know as we are due to meet with them this week. I'm sure this subject will come up and we will ask the questions on your behalf.

2 points though as far as I'm aware

1. If the undersoil heating had been allowed to be switched on a bit earlier than it had been, the pitch could well have been playable by the inspection at 11.30 and I can assure you that Terry Butcher wanted this game played.

2. At 11.30 the decision took a long time to reach as the pitch was nearly there. So if they had given it another hour or so I'm pretty sure the game would have gone ahead.

Now I know we hate late call offs, but as the QoS team were already here and the fans well on their way, I'm sure it would have been worth the gamble of another hour to try to get the game on.

Heilandee maked a good point, we have one of the best groundsmen in the Country and it's not very often we have call offs, but he can only work with the tools he has and if he's not allowed to turn the undersoil heating on, then that is obvioulsy outwith his control.

Here's a question about money, that I was thinking about recently. Does anyone else recollect hearing that when Niculae was away at the Euros, it was reported that ICT would receive something like ?50,000 a day, that he would be away. What happened to that money? Do ICT still have that money? Where is the money now?