FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

supporters clubs in 5 city secondary schools

collectiveaction

Would it be an idea to set up supporters clubs in the 5 city secondary schools. The clubs could be run by senior pupils and members could receive benefits e.g cheaper tickets, reductions on merchandice etc. Just a thought to increase attendances and get as many youths involved as possible.

Would it be an idea to set up supporters clubs in the 5 city secondary schools. The clubs could be run by senior pupils and members could receive benefits e.g cheaper tickets, reductions on merchandice etc. Just a thought to increase attendances and get as many youths involved as possible.

nice idea BUT do Caley supporters only come from Inverness??

nice idea BUT do Caley supporters only come from Inverness??

They maybe did. ICT supporters come from far and wide though.

Of course they may go to other schools but if you start something here and other fans from outwith Inverness like the idea then it could go further?

It could be a pilot then advertised for any other school to join in?

point taken

cracking idea, maybe even go further and have a set number of tickets for schools to have free for the home games, i know St Mirren tried it a few years ago and it seemed to work for them. something like 50 tickets for high school kids who could easily go to the games with their mates and then hopefully keep going when they leave school.

it's a wise investment for the future

cracking idea, maybe even go further and have a set number of tickets for schools to have free for the home games, i know St Mirren tried it a few years ago and it seemed to work for them. something like 50 tickets for high school kids who could easily go to the games with their mates and then hopefully keep going when they leave school.

Going back 5 to 10 years the club did at one time give out tickets to schools for home games.

Going back 5 to 10 years the club did at one time give out tickets to schools for home games.

never knew that, i suppose we could always do that again

The supporters club still provide around 12 tickets to primary schools per game which is appreciated. The secondary schools supporters clubs is a different idea however, giving the pupils ownership of their very own clubs. It wouldn't take I.C.T much to get this up and running. They could even provide 8 by 4 flags to the various secondary school clubs to add a bit of colour to proceedings. We have to think bigger to encourage fans/atmosphere for the forthcoming S.PL season.

It's the supporters trust that have the tickets. They used to have 12 but now have 36. These tickets are available to any youth group who wishes to take up the offer on a game by game basis. There's been fantastic response in the past couple of seasons. Not sure what's happening next but if anyone knows of any groups who would like to take up the offer please get in touch by either pm'ing me or contacting the Trust.

It's the supporters trust that have the tickets. They used to have 12 but now have 36. These tickets are available to any youth group who wishes to take up the offer on a game by game basis. There's been fantastic response in the past couple of seasons. Not sure what's happening next but if anyone knows of any groups who would like to take up the offer please get in touch by either pm'ing me or contacting the Trust.

Good to know that maimie- cheers!