FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kyle Allison - released ?

staggy4life

Guest Mahonio

Kyle Allison just told me that he was released today.

Very much doubt it, unless we are in the market for a new sub goalie, tuffey or McGurn anyone but only if this geezer is right in what he says?

Kyle Allison just told me that he was released today.

Very much doubt it, unless we are in the market for a new sub goalie, tuffey or McGurn anyone but only if this geezer is right in what he says?

I was a little surprised too when he told me. He can support County at Hampden with me in peace now. :004:

i have seen Kyle play a few times. The only time I was nervous for him was in the north cup final when he himself appeared nervous and unsure at times but we still managed to win so he did fine in the end.I would worry about not having an experienced no 2 keeper to Esson (asuming he stays).This is not a reflection on Kyles ability just as Oddquine states we dont know how he would perform if called upon.

I've seen him play more than once. In the recent Clach game, and in a couple of reserve team fixtures. To be honest, he wasn't much good then, so I'd take a guess that he wouldn't be much better in the bigger games. He's less of a Michael Fraser to Mark Brown, and more of a Johnathon Smith to those aforementioned players.

Did ok when he was with us but not been impressed by what I've seen of him since he left....he must be in the running for 1st, 2nd & 3rd prize in the "Howler of the Season" competition.

I really wouldn't want Fraser back. His shot stopping alone was okay but his distribution was terrible. It was the same every week. Fraser would catch the ball, hold it, hold it, hold it some more, look around, hold it some more (by now the whole away team is back in position), he then hold it a bit more...............and then boot the ball as high and as hard up the park as he could. It was even a breadth of fresh air when Zibi would get a game as even he wouldn't put up with that nonsense. I don't think Michael Fraser was even aware that it was was physically possible to catch the ball and quickly throw it out to a full back. Lucky with Ryan Esson now in goal, these things have changed.

I really wouldn't want Fraser back. His shot stopping alone was okay but his distribution was terrible. It was the same every week. Fraser would catch the ball, hold it, hold it, hold it some more, look around, hold it some more (by now the whole away team is back in position), he then hold it a bit more...............and then boot the ball as high and as hard up the park as he could. It was even a breadth of fresh air when Zibi would get a game as even he wouldn't put up with that nonsense. I don't think Michael Fraser was even aware that it was was physically possible to catch the ball and quickly throw it out to a full back. Lucky with Ryan Esson now in goal, these things have changed.

Got to agree his distribution was shocking, obviously something he inherited from his training with Broonie.

I remember an absolutely stunning one handed save from Fraser in a SPL game against Celtic up here, absolutely cracking save.

Shot stopping was usually ok. Distribution not the best (seem to remember enormous punts up the field) and often caused heart in mouth moments by taking on attackers with the ball.

But Fraser wasn't very good at set pieces I seem to remember he would 99% go for a punch and it would normally fall to an opposing player. The only good skill he had was shot stopping but wouldn't want him back. I saw Allison in the North of Scotland Cup Final against Nairn County and he just wasn't able to handle the Highland league strikers so not sad to see him go.

Ryan Esson was saying in foxes last night he doesnt think hes going to sign a new deal! Roy said he definitely wants to.

I didn't actually edit the post, but I'm not totally comfortable with reports from the pub on a Friday night. Surely everyone is entitled to a private life.

I know that Ryan would like to sign a new contract and negotiations are underway, but it will depend on the outcome of these negotiations as to whether or not a deal is done. As far as I know Roy's contract negotiations are at the same stage. I think both will eventually sign. I wouldn't like to lose either of them and Ryan has has a fantastic season. I therefore hope that the club dig deep to hang on to him.

If we were to bring back Michael Fraser as a number 2 to Ryan, I wouldn't have a problem. I think that Ryan would be a great mentor to Ikey. Remember Mark Brown is still warming the bench, so could he come back?