FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Long time to wait for a pie

backrowview

Had a pie and bovril on Saturday. Impressed that the bovril was a bit hotter than just being lukewarm. Things are looking up! In seriousness though, the club is losing out revenue wise here. This thread does come up every time a home game takes place.

Someone is making a killing. My 10 yr old grandson went to the kiosk to get a hot dog and a bar of chocolate, he had a ?20 note, change back - ?4.60 ! Now either the prices have gone up again OR someone looked at him and decided on a quick profit. The lad did nt like to say anything incase he got the usual "it wiz definately a tenner" son ! Service ? It's a joke, 3 lassies behind the counter IE Dead Slow, Stop and Still asleep ! Surely someone from the club, reads these forums, for a "family" orientated club, they must realise that it's "get a mortgage" time before contemplating a Family Day Out. We travel 120 miles each way, and are season ticket holders, myself and 4 grandkids.............. :redcard: SEND THEM AFF REF !!

Cant see where the kiosk went wrong , if they weren't challenged then how could they know a mistake had been made ?

OK, if well presented food is easily accessible at sensible prices, I don't suppose a Saturday afternoon snack is all that out of the way.

But if there are problems of the magnitude described.... why bother? (Indeed if they are as bad as described, I strongly sympathise.)

Is it really all that necessary to eat mid afternoon at a football match? How many other days of the week do people have greasy pies etc etc at that time? If the service provided is as bad as has been suggested, just don't use it. I am sure people could survive without it and also save a lot of money. If enough people did that, then the company would soon begin to notice.

Edited by Charles Bannerman

OK, if well presented food is easily accessible at sensible prices, I don't suppose a Saturday afternoon snack is all that out of the way.

But if there are problems of the magnitude described.... why bother? (Indeed if they are as bad as described, I strongly sympathise.)

Is it really all that necessary to eat mid afternoon at a football match? How many other days of the week do people have greasy pies etc etc at that time? If the service provided is as bad as has been suggested, just don't use it. I am sure people could survive without it and also save a lot of money. If enough people did that, then the company would soon begin to notice.

No, it is not necessary, but just like folk eating popcorn at the cinema, it has become part of the culture of the occasion. Personally I have no wish to eat pies at a footy match or eat popcorn but if it is part of the ritual for others then they should be able to do so without being ripped off and missing half the match. Perhaps we can kill 2 birds with one stone here and have the pies sold by the stewards. They could walk up and down the stairs with trays of pies for sale. This would mean no queues and the stewards would develop a better rapport with the fans. Particularly troublesome fans could be squirted with ketchup to identify them to the police for eviction.

• Agree 3

i know one of the girls who works at the 1/2 time catering, they get paid less then ?30 for 4hrs work for home games and they ship people up from GLASGOW for staff aswell, i think they seem to have a disproportionate amount of staff for away fans instead of putting as many folk as possible in the home ends. its a shame as when winter comes a coffee or soup (which they dont do anymore) would be welcome and needed!

the club will no doubt review the contract when it expires as i doubt they can get rid of them unless they are really violating H&S or food hygiene laws.