FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Grant Munro

Harry Chibber

Said it before the guy doesn't get enough credit... he is the glue that ICT is stuck together with.

Although the guy is one of our longest serving players we don't have a chant to match his tenure. So any suggestions for the "find Grant a chant" appeal... please post them here.

Edited by Harry Chibber

Agreed, real good header yesterday. fantastic performances in recent weeks. some particularly great tackles at kilmarnock and elsewhere.

also really good to hear the crowd singin his name, should probably get more, if only his name was as catchy as roscoe's :twothumbsup:

all this and a wee girl in the last few weeks.

legend :ictscarf::ictscarf:

Agreed, real good header yesterday. fantastic performances in recent weeks. some particularly great tackles at kilmarnock and elsewhere.

also really good to hear the crowd singin his name, should probably get more, if only his name was as catchy as roscoe's :twothumbsup:

all this and a wee girl in the last few weeks.

legend :ictscarf::ictscarf:

didn't make the game but was delighted to see him on the scoresheet.. always thought he deserves a chant but as you say his name isn't as catchy as the likes of Rosscoe.

This thread is now dedicated to find Grant a chant.

My effort for Grant.... bit of a seasonal one when the snow is falling - and the yuletide is fast approaching

Oh the weather outside is frightful

But Inverness is still delightful

He's a legend and a hero

Grant Munro! Grant Munro! Grant Munro!

I'll get me coat...

• Agree 2

Granty reached legend status years ago IMO. An excellent centre half, despite his detractors, who gives everything for the team in every game.

To be honest, I think he is relishing not having the armband, his performances certainly seem to show this. Maybe, like Charlie, it was just that little bit too personal for him.

He must be due a testimonial by now surely?? Or has he already had one and I missed it?? I remember him making his debut against Livi in the Scottish Cup and that was.... before the millennium?!

To be honest, I think he is relishing not having the armband, his performances certainly seem to show this. Maybe, like Charlie, it was just that little bit too personal for him.

On the other hand it could be argued that Richie Foran's performances have shaded a bit, since he took on the armband!

On the other hand it could be argued that Richie Foran's performances have shaded a bit, since he took on the armband!

Do you not think we expect too much of Richie sometimes? Injured at the start of the season them back and now playing with a stomach muscle injury. When watching the game last night you could see how much pain he is in sometimes in his face but I havent heard him complaining. Captain courageous for me.

Some players flourish in the role of captain - Bobby Mann, Darren Dods, Stuart Golabek to name but three - but others seem to find it a bit of a millstone round their necks and I think Grant falls into this category.

As captain, his performances seemed to dip and we dont really know why. Was it pressures on the field of having to concentrate on everyone's role rather than just his own, or was it the combination of on-field and off-field responsibilities. Only Grant, the players, and the management team will really know.

However, without the captains armband he has been reborn. He can concentrate on his own task on the pitch and because of that he is now getting back to being the Granty we all know and enjoy. With or without the captains armband he is definitely an ICT legend ... and there are not many clubs who have multiple 'legends' in their team each week !!!!!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I think if you made a tutorial video to teach everyone how to sing it then that might help.

You could even do a whole series of videos for all the different songs/chants. Sing a few versus, then put the words up on the screen...that would be cool.

Some players flourish in the role of captain - Bobby Mann, Darren Dods, Stuart Golabek to name but three - but others seem to find it a bit of a millstone round their necks and I think Grant falls into this category.

As captain, his performances seemed to dip and we dont really know why. Was it pressures on the field of having to concentrate on everyone's role rather than just his own, or was it the combination of on-field and off-field responsibilities. Only Grant, the players, and the management team will really know.

However, without the captains armband he has been reborn. He can concentrate on his own task on the pitch and because of that he is now getting back to being the Granty we all know and enjoy. With or without the captains armband he is definitely an ICT legend ... and there are not many clubs who have multiple 'legends' in their team each week !!!!!

It's harsh to blame captaincy for any bad perfomances from Munro... after all he was excellent all last season when he was captain. Infact, that goal at QoS was what you would expect from a captain and almost sealed our promotion.

Munro has played poorly when he's had a bad defensive partner (Bulivtis, McGuire etc.) When you stick a tall, ball winning, centre half beside him (Dods, Pavels and now Tokely) then you see the best of him, as we are now. I think 1 thing that's been notable this season is how well he is passing the ball from defence, possibly something him and Tel have been working on.

Keep the chant suggestions coming pls

Edited by Harry Chibber
  • Agree 1

I can't think of too many occasions where he let his side down - with or without the captain's armband.

To date, Foran's performances since taking on the armband have fallen some way short of being inspirational.

Perhaps he isn't 100% fit just now, which kind of begs the question as to whether he should be playing just now.

I think if you made a tutorial video to teach everyone how to sing it then that might help.

You could even do a whole series of videos for all the different songs/chants. Sing a few versus, then put the words up on the screen...that would be cool.

:tuttut:

My effort for Grant.... bit of a seasonal one when the snow is falling - and the yuletide is fast approaching

Oh the weather outside is frightful

But Inverness is still delightful

He's a legend and a hero

Grant Munro! Grant Munro! Grant Munro!

I'll get me coat...

:getmecoat:

I was being serious. Whilst some might have been a little cruel with regards your last video, I thought it was great fun and if a few more people took themselves a little less serious from time to time then that can only be a good thing.

I was being serious. Whilst some might have been a little cruel with regards your last video, I thought it was great fun and if a few more people took themselves a little less serious from time to time then that can only be a good thing.

I take that back then.....

I will think about it :ponder:

Munro has played poorly when he's had a bad defensive partner (Bulivtis, McGuire etc.) When you stick a tall, ball winning, centre half beside him (Dods, Pavels and now Tokely) then you see the best of him, as we are now.

I can't think of too many occasions where he let his side down - with or without the captain's armband.

HC - I think you could have a point there. willing to accept that is a more likely reason.

maybe if we invented a nickname for him, the song suggestions would be more forthcoming.

failing that,

use the old song for charlie christie

theres only one granty munro

theres only one granty munro

walking along singing a song walking in a granty wonder land

okay granty in the last line sucks but hey :ictscarf: