FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bye Bye Brewster

Bridge_Ender

Fair comment.... I don't want to see him pilloried either, but you can understand how many must feel at the manner of his departure from ICT... especially when he gave an assurance he wouldn't try to poach any of our players. He also took over a side on the way up here thanks to Pele & Robbo......

If he had still been with us at this stage, he would probably have been considering a move to Hibs right now......

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I feel sorry for Brewster.

The poor guy is gutted.  He took the wrong job at the wrong time, he should have stayed with us for a couple of seasons while he was still learning the trade.  Too much too soon, the jump up from managing a team with low expectations to managing a bunch of duds with high fanbase expectations was too much to handle.  He can't do it overnight and his record at United is extremely poor, whereas we have gone from strength to strength. Lets not forget he took our team forward and did his bit for us.  A lot of our fans are bitter about the way he departed, but it seemed like the next step for him, just too early in his managerial career though.

I for one take no joy at seeing the guy being laughed at every time his losers lose, his esteem must be at an all time low.  If you were not performing great at your job would you want publicly slated or would you prefer coaching. Yes he made a rod for his own back, but gloating over this is in poor taste.

He made the wrong decision and that is of his own doing, I will let him suffer in silence.

Very magnanimous Mannie and i personaly thought  he was a decent spud (for an arab)when he was up here,however he's a big boy and made the decison himself, if all had gone well he'd have happily taken the plaudits that go with success, conversely he has to take the flak that opposition fans love doleing out in adversity.

Well, I feel sorry for Brewster.

The poor guy is gutted.  He took the wrong job at the wrong time, he should have stayed with us for a couple of seasons while he was still learning the trade.  Too much too soon, the jump up from managing a team with low expectations to managing a bunch of duds with high fanbase expectations was too much to handle.  He can't do it overnight and his record at United is extremely poor, whereas we have gone from strength to strength. Lets not forget he took our team forward and did his bit for us.  A lot of our fans are bitter about the way he departed, but it seemed like the next step for him, just too early in his managerial career though.

I for one take no joy at seeing the guy being laughed at every time his losers lose, his esteem must be at an all time low.  If you were not performing great at your job would you want publicly slated or would you prefer coaching. Yes he made a rod for his own back, but gloating over this is in poor taste.

He made the wrong decision and that is of his own doing, I will let him suffer in silence.

:015: :015: :015: :015: Delighted at Big-Heed's demise as the best up and coming manager around,look at his record,deserves his P45

If i did as bad a job as him at my work i would expect slated!!! As for in the public eye well that's the nature of the work he's in!!!

CE 1, CA 3.  I DON'T FIND YOUR CHAT AMUSING. CB DID A GOOD JOB FOR US,  GET A LIFE !!!!!

Still not able to handle criticism Mr Brewster!!! Thought you were going to turn around Dundee United!!! :015: :015: :015:

Never mind get down to the dole office nice and early on Monday you mght be able to get a job as a fitness coach in Lving Well or something!!! :015: :015:

Whatever

Smart money is on Brewster off to Dunfermline, with Levein taking over at Dundee United.

Would have thought Dunfermline would suit him better, less expectations and will be given the time to make or break.

Eh'd be quite pleased if he makes a success of the Dunfy job,as you say expectations are not so unrealistic , speshly if it was at the expense of the Arabs,how ironic would that be?.The main problem down Tannadice street IMHO is not the managers who have come and gone but ET's interferance and appalling attitude to anyone who doesn't agree with him.To withdraw someone held in the esteem of Jim Macleans privellage pass for his comments in the Record (albeit badly timed) is unbelievable and will cause further dissent and disharmony doon the sticlebrick

Bring on the derbies next season...... :001:

If I were a Pars fan, I would be very very worried .... think I would urge my club to pay the 50k compensation for Robbo rather than risk losing 2 million by being relegated.

It may be a cheap post - but now that this site is unofficial, I am allowed to have my own opinion  :004:

It can also be said that hindsight is a wonderful thing and of Brewster's 3 man backroom team (himself, Malky, and Peter Davidson), Peter was probably the most valuable as fitness coach.

Not as cheap as this:

"Inverness tried very hard to keep us, with a contract offer through to 2009, but I just feel there's great potential at Dundee United," continued Brewster. "The fans believe they should be better than where they are because there are good players, but I say the league position never lies. But there is potential - a great stadium, good training facilities, a great fan-base and, sure, they've got some decent players.

Terry Butcher's Sydney team drew tonight and his chairman may help Dunfermline make the correct decision.

If you beleive that and I doubt you do then you are sadly mistaken ! CB inherited a good squad and put his mark on it, look at how Barry Wilson has performed since he got a kick up the rear and told to lose 1/2 a stone. It's no coincidence and the other players took note too, or do you think Peter was the reason that happened-I don't think so

If you beleive that and I doubt you do then you are sadly mistaken ! CB inherited a good squad and put his mark on it, look at how Barry Wilson has performed since he got a kick up the rear and told to lose 1/2 a stone. It's no coincidence and the other players took note too, or do you think Peter was the reason that happened-I don't think so

I did post on another thread a few weeks ago that Brewster as a player was valuable for us before Dargo started scoring and that I also thought the fitness regime did take us up a notch. I believe Peter was responsible for a lot of the fitness routines which is one of the major reasons Brew wanted him with him when he left ICT. No harm in Brew getting the credit for the fitness regime - after all, he picks the team, both backroom and on the park and stands or falls on the results of both.

I will concede that the kick up the arse for Barry - currently leading our Player of the Year voting -  was all CB's doing. Barry's resurgence had as much to do with him realising he should listen to someone like Brew who was still playing at the top level at his age as it did to the fitness regime and most fans will probably agree we are leaner, meaner, and fitter now than we were under Robbo.

Each manager has added something to the ICT mix, but given the nature of Brew's departure from ICT (a short time after his committment speech), you will find very few people who feel sorry for him at his latest departure.

I was never a fan of Brewster the manager when he was with us, the reason we were successful when he was here was due to his contribution as a player.  On the pitch he was a top class striker and that counted a lot more than his "managerial skills".  Someone on the Dundee Utd site had stats of how we performed when Brewster didn't play and it was something like we won 2 out of 17 games!!

The way Brewster left was disrespectful to ICT, all that guff about loyalty then jumps ship as soon as someone else comes calling.  I'm glad he's been a disaster at United, he deserves it!!

QB, Craig Brewster would NOT have left for any other club at the stage in his managerial career other than DUFC - FACT. He has never intentionally been disrespectful to anybody in his career and by the way if he was such a bad manager as you seem to think, how come your still so interested and bitter about his departure ?

QB, Craig Brewster would NOT have left for any other club at the stage in his managerial career other than DUFC - FACT.

I actually agree with you there.

He has never intentionally been disrespectful to anybody in his career

Maybe it was a "mistake" to publicly talk about committment a week or two before taking the DUFC job then ? I know a few of our fans found that very disrespectful !!!

If he was such a bad manager as you seem to think, how come your still so interested and bitter about his departure ?

Call it the "comeuppance factor" ... I am a great believer in "what goes around comes around" and his just came around.

You wont find too many ICT fans feeling sorry for him as most probably feel he got what he deserved. In fact, many will say "i told you so" as they predicted the grocer would wield the axe before he had even taken the job.

I think Brew got what he deserved.

He knew the DU was a poisoned chalice but he thought he was good enough to turn things around.

Obviously he wasn't he didn't even last a year  :006:

No one will ever know what he might have achieved if he'd stayed here but in many ways now I'm glad he left. We even got paid for the priveldge of him leaving  :015:

His main influence was to get the squad fitter, sign Dargo and he was still a decent player for us as well. His tactical/managerial skills however are questionable at best. I remember towards the end of his reign we were asking why he made pointless changes a couple of minutes before the end and why our main tactic was always to punt the ball up to him.

I really don't understand why Dunfermline would even consider appointing him as there manager, I really don't. I think a few years of learning the management trade at a lower level is really what he needs if he wants to pursue a career in management.

Even more astounding is why Levein would take the DU job!! I always thought he was a reasonably intelligent guy but it doesn't looks like now. Talk about taking on a challenge. I suppose these guys have to be confident in there own abilities to turn things around but even still......

Craig Brewster made a big error in taking the DU job. At the time he was blinded by the thought of leading his home club. The sort of chance that may never have come up again in his lifetime. He shouldn't be slated for that.

Dundee United will never be back where they think they should be so long as Eddie Thomson has control of the club. ET is not in place for the good of DU. He is there for ET. The man is an egotistical maniac who cares nothing for people other than those who agree with ET.

Craig will take the Dunfermline job. He will get backing and assistance from Big Jim and he will show ET that he is a capable manager by seeing DU relegated this season.

And whoever takes on the job at DU will find himself in the same position. The club has debts, ET will not put up further cash. The squad is full of inexperienced young lads who are going to take at least a full season to be moulded into a challenging team.

He has never intentionally been disrespectful to anybody in his career and by the way if he was such a bad manager as you seem to think, how come your still so interested and bitter about his departure ?

The bitterness stems from your...sorry CB's determined efforts to take some of our best players to Tannadump despite promises to the contrary..... :020: