FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bye Bye Brewster

Bridge_Ender

Ralph, What really pi55ed me off about Brewster.....

1.  His statements about being commited to the club 48 hours before the announcment he was off.

2.  His arrogance at thinking he could remain in charge for the 2 games following the announcement he was off.

3.  His constant attempts to sign our players and the manner in which he used the press to try and unsettle our squad.

Yes, he did make a contribution to the squad during his time as Manager here, but his actions leading up to, during and following his departure were - IMO - two fingers to the support we showed him while he was manager, and for that he deserves no more than he has got.

I think it was Grassa who made a comment about Robbo when he was being touted for a return to us - along the lines of "he has a place on our wall of fame and that's where he will be staying".  For me, Brewster didn't do enough during his time here to merit even that accolade.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with most of the above.  It was the lure of the tangerine that he couldn't resist.  As a lifelong Arab he must be gutted with the results he has achieved.  It was a mistake for him to go and I know it took a lot of thinking and talking before he made the decision.  He was actually quite happy in Inverness, but I repeat the chance of managing the team he supports was too bit an opportunity to resist.  Also 2 or 3 times his salary!!!  Could any of you refuse that??

I believe that he meant the loyalty thing when he said it but then circumstances changed and we did get a nice package for letting him go.  I don't have a huge problem with any of that.

I do have a prolem with how he unsettled our team trying to get a number of them to sign for Utd. He didn't have the money available and I believe insulted ICT with the pitiful offers made for our top players.  He dealt with things badly through the press.  He gets praised by the press for being honest, but some times you just have to keep quiet.

I think Dunfermline could be a good move for him.  He'll have some fresh ideas for them, but he'll also have the guidance and experience of JL.  I think he needs to serve his apprenticeship in management and I think JL could be a great mentor.

He made the mistake of jumping ship far too early and I think he would be the first to agree with that, but the pars will be happy to have him and JL will keep him on a tight leash.

I think Dunfermline could be a good move for him.  He'll have some fresh ideas for them, but he'll also have the guidance and experience of JL.  I think he needs to serve his apprenticeship in management and I think JL could be a great mentor.

Even if, as IHE suggested yesterday (in a rare & lucid moment for him!) he decides to pursue Dargo, Dods, Black & Brown during the January transfer window.....

Dunfermline dont have the cash but, to be honest, they dont need our players either. They have a good squad of players but have serious fitness problems. Six of their first team squad were out on Saturday through injury. And these are not injuries inflicted by others but things like pulled muscles, possibly, the result of not training properly, not warming up properly or, maybe, just the wrong type of training regime. This is where the Brewster team could make improvements whilst, at the same time, learning a great deal from JL

• 2 weeks later...