FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Most Memorable Russell Duncan Moments

MichaelICT

With Russell's time drawing to a close, what will you most remember him by?

The goal in the cup versus Dundee United?

His role in both our First Division promotions?

His "Never Say Die" attitude?

A player underrated by many a fan, but his commitment to the ICT cause can never be faulted. A player who never did anything spectacular, just did what it said on the tin, week in week out and was instrumental in ICT's recent success'. Personally, I believe Butcher has made the worst decision in his managership so far in letting Russell go as Duff and Ross are in no way, shape, or form in the same league as Duncan and finding players of his ability in the modern market is one hell of a task. So good luck to him at his new club, and I hope he proves Butcher wrong. Scottish football needs more men like Russell Duncan. :clapping:

• Agree 6

Snogging him at Roy's testimonial dooo, Russell also said it was his best moment. No tongues though, just a smackeroony.

Seriously, ICT Legendary status awaits Russell, I'm only sorry you can't gain that while still playing for the famous ICT.

Fabby goal at Tynecastle, a 30 yard daisy cutter, a curler at Brechin into the top corner, and finding out he loves the soaps.

Russell, the fans love you, and you can leave with your head held high, mucho appreciation :twothumbsup::twothumbsup:

• Agree 2

Pritty much every goal he ever scored for us cause most of them were spectacular.

Met him once years ago when he helped take a group i was with on tour round the ground. Really nice, down to earth and genuine guy. The sort of guy you dont usually get in football.

Good luck Russell.

• Agree 1

One particular performance that stands out for me was the SC quarterfinal in 2002 away to Partick in a 2-2 draw. A lot of you will remember it as the game where Scott Paterson scored a last minute equaliser in the setting sun to force a reply where Paterson again scored the only goal with a stunning free-kick.

Russell was a stand out in the centre of the park and all our attacks went through him, and he broke up a lot of attempted Partick breakaways as well. Pity we would have to wait another 12 months to get to Hampden because Russell's performance in that game was deserving of a Hampden spot that year.

his response to a joker in the crowd on promotion day

FAN :russell i'll let you s"@& my wife

RUSSELL : how do you know i havent?

also remember him @ lossiemouth on the pre season training day being a great laugh and really getting into the spirit of things

Standout performance against the tims at darkheid in the league cup when we lost 4-2. Scored the first in a 4-1 humping at Livi when they were going down.

A cheeky wee curler at Brechin. Giving the fans his time and posing for photies and signing autographs last year after we won the league.

Scored the first in a 4-1 humping at Livi when they were going down.

Was that the one that he pretty much walked into an empty net?

The one from the corner of the box at Brechin was a beaut, and I think even he was surprised he'd placed it so well.

The way he celebrated Graham Bayne's last minute winner at Tynecastle just before Christmas '07. Russell had played a huge role in getting the win by opening the scoring with a long range strike and by employing some 'dark arts' (something that he excelled at throughout his ICT career) to get the Hearts' keeper sent off. When the winner went in and the players came to celebrate in front of the ICT fans, Russell was first to arrive and last leave, all the time pumping fists and screaming.