FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ask the Chairman

Scotty

There is a constant grumble from some quarters that the club never speak to us like they did in the past, with the prefernce now being to announce rather than discuss things.

One of the most successful parts of the old official site was the BOARDROOM BANTER series of articles that former ICT Director Kenny Cameron initiated and provided to us each month. This series of articles saw Kenny taking the most talked subjects on the message boards and trying to give a perspective from inside the boardroom.

It was a shame when Kenny stepped down and these articles ceased, but we thought we would try our hand with the new chairman and see whether he might like to do a one-off question and answer session that helps us get to know a little more about him and his vision for the club while also answering some fan submitted questions.

We are happy to say that he has agreed and more information about where to send questions can be found on the following link

http://www.caleythistleonline.com/index.ph...&Itemid=175

I am viewing it as a 'one-off', but who knows, if the chairman enjoys the experience perhaps he can be persuaded to do it every so often.

I would also like to see the club re-introduce something similar to "Boardroom Banter" on the official site as those articles always elicited a positive response. Perhaps they could do it in conjunction with this site (?) where we supply user questions from the forums (like the old BB articles) and the club provide inside information from the boardroom .... I always felt that this was an excellent PR exercise, got some decent info across to fans and actually answered things they were asking about !

Once the Q&A with the chairman has been done I may chat with Mike / Fiona (and the chairman) to see if its possible (or desirable to the club).