FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SFL Players

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Guest Sandy Cromarty

P & J has a wee article today saying that we have got Buchanan from Cowdenbeath on trial and we are weighing up another 3-4 SFL players for possible acquisitions come January, anybody got a take on who they are?

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Hmmmmm......... doesn't sound exciting or ambitious does it? when what we really need is a couple of experienced players, well I suppose we'll have to wait until Jan and hopefullly we will get a boost.

I dont honestly think Buchanan is part of the january signing plan. I think the management team see a potential youngster who they can groom over the next few months in the hope of him being a prospect for next season. I'm sure there are players in the pipeline who will come into the first team. And not County rejects either.

donkey.....we have a whole team of ex SFL players. Thats where they tend to start their careers.

Why all of a sudden are players from the SFL not good enough?  We've made very few signings from SPL teams in the past and it's served us well to date.  Yes, it would be nove to be signing "bigger" names, but thats just not going to be a reality until we can improve the financial position of the club and thats going to take a few years yet.  In the meantime we have to keep our faith that Grassa and Co can continue to bag the best of what is available and within our budget.