FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- St Mirren

Scotty

1. 1632: 
    BBC Sportsound's Charles Bannerman at the Caledonian Stadium

"Only the Inverness fans could be this quiet with their team three goals up on day one!" Come on Caley Thistle fans, let's hear you give us a cheer through the radio!

I very rarely bet on us to win, but today I did. I thought we did well in pre-season whereas St Mirren clearly had problems, so I was pretty confident, and the evens odds were too tempting. 

Great start for the team.

1. 1632: 
    BBC Sportsound's Charles Bannerman at the Caledonian Stadium

"Only the Inverness fans could be this quiet with their team three goals up on day one!" Come on Caley Thistle fans, let's hear you give us a cheer through the radio!

note to Mr Bannerman .... to hear any cheer through the radio you would need to be covering the game more than once every 25 minutes or so ! New league, same shitty coverage. and - it would appear - MFR have abandoned coverage too ?

• Agree 3

Like others it was disappointing trying to get anything of the game on the radio. Was it just today that wasnt covered by MFR or will they not be doing any this season? 

Amazing result for the first day of our season though, well done lads. Buzzing.

I very rarely bet on us to win, but today I did. I thought we did well in pre-season whereas St Mirren clearly had problems, so I was pretty confident, and the evens odds were too tempting.

Great start for the team.

to win by more than 1 goal was 5/2, used the same logic as yourself and took a chance

A great start.  Having seen them last week at Charlton, I was confident that if they played like that, they would have no trouble with Midden.

I'm beginning to think Terry reads this forum. Several of us on here expressed the view that we were unimpressed with McKay as a penalty taker (despite him scoring a few last season).

Lo and behold, first game of the season and we have a new man taking them. So well done Terry for doing something about it. I hope Vincent is the right man for the job.  Looking forward to seeing the highlights.

Well done again lads, I'm really looking forward to this season.

• Agree 1

That was brilliant! Everyone had a really good game today I felt (well in the second half) and Richie and Deano played amazing. Really good 3-0 win to start the season off and I knew that after that pre season, espiecially when we beat Charlton, we were in for a good game today and a win. There keeper was pretty hopeless tiday and that's how Aaron Doran got his goal! Richie was excellent for me today, well better then he has been and Dean Brill was brill! He has a really good kick on him what we missed with Reguero and overall a good keeper. McKay i think is gonna have a good season too and he deserved his goal today, same as Doran and Vincent, they all played well, everyone did! Good second half performance and a great way to start the season, can't wait for Dundee Utd now:)

Sluggish first half, I thought, but after we scored we were absolutely rampant.  It looked like Doran had been told at half-time to come in off the wing more and it worked a treat, opening an enormous lane for Raven to run in to time and again.  In the last half hour we looked like we could score at will.  Plenty of impressive performances today - I think in particular I should acknowledge Foran, not always a favourite of mine last season, who was magnificent in midfield.

Penalty or no penalty?  Tough one that.  It definitely hit Van Zanten's arm, but at point blank range.  The ref certainly thought about it before he gave it.

My main concern is that, while the pace and drive we have going forward always makes us dangerous on the break, we don't quite appear to have anyone who can play the killer pass in the way Andrew Shinnie could, and I worry we will struggle hugely in games when we go behind. 

Day one and the title is already ours to throw away  :wink: .

In all seriousness though, the first half a complete and utter write off - nuff said.

2nd half we were much sharper, and just seem to step things up a gear. Penalty was a fair call imo, Vincent dispatched it well and was due a goal to couple his fantastic debut. Box to box, hard working, good passing and composed under pressure. More to come from him. Aside from one save from Harkins, Brill had little to do but his handling from set pieces and his urge to start attacks was a welcome sight. 

Plaudits to Doran, Raven, McKay and Draper who were the pick of the rest though everyone played a part in the 2nd half. Foran was even finding passes. The football was free flowing, the defence was solid but more importantly the chances were converted.

Butcher was bold to say that the likes of Shinnie and OTJ wouldnt be missed and on todays showing his claims were justified. With Watkins and Allen still to come back and the likes of Williams and Toby still waiting in the wings there is a lot of potential within this squad. Off to a flyer, roll on 13-14  :ictscarf:

Excellent start to the season, not a bad performance, seems team spirit still very high.

Like the look of Vinny & Deano, defence looked solid and looks like we are carrying on from where we left off last season.

Very optimistic

:ictscarf:

Sluggish first half, I thought, but after we scored we were absolutely rampant.  It looked like Doran had been told at half-time to come in off the wing more and it worked a treat, opening an enormous lane for Raven to run in to time and again.  In the last half hour we looked like we could score at will.  Plenty of impressive performances today - I think in particular I should acknowledge Foran, not always a favourite of mine last season, who was magnificent in midfield.

Penalty or no penalty?  Tough one that.  It definitely hit Van Zanten's arm, but at point blank range.  The ref certainly thought about it before he gave it.

My main concern is that, while the pace and drive we have going forward always makes us dangerous on the break, we don't quite appear to have anyone who can play the killer pass in the way Andrew Shinnie could, and I worry we will struggle hugely in games when we go behind. 

two words......James Vincent.

Why are you worried about what will happen if we go behind? What's different about today than anything you saw all of last season? What I'm seeing already is a side who have been gelled together over 12-24 months with some very promising new players brought in plus the fact that our bench is the strongest it's ever been in any season Inverness have ever had. 

• Agree 1