FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new manager thread

Yngwie

If Locke was to be booted from Hearts which is incredibly unlikely given their financial state, they would just promote someone from within who is already working on reduced wages such as Billy Brown or even offer it to Robbo, they aren't in a position to pay compensation and bring someone in.

If Hartley has turned down the job, it would be a surprise if its financial as we will be offering much higher package than a part time club, if its geography - well he visited us as a player so knew where we were, therefore you can only assume its other personal reasons (family etc). Personally I still expect Hartley to be announced manager tomorrow.

If Hartley has turned down the job, it would be a surprise if its financial as we will be offering much higher package than a part time club, if its geography - well he visited us as a player so knew where we were

But if the contract offer stipulates he has to live up north full time and he wasn't planning on doing that....

Heard Sheils on Sportsound this evening. Wasn't keen on him before and certainly not keen on him after that. That is some size of chip the man has on his shoulder.

You beat me to the punch, Kingsmills. Was about to post the same thing. Kenny Shiels really didn't come across at all well on Sportsound!

He could start an argument in an empty room, that man. He'd likely manage to somehow bring disharmony on our dressing room before January's out!

Not even in my top 10 contenders for the job. No thanks.

John Hughes got sacked by Hartlepool last year for getting them relegated compared to Paul Hartley who has won 2 promotions with Alloa. I have seen a suggestion that he is out the running due to personal reasons but also Inverness Courier has Paul Hartley as favourite in their back pages tomorrow so who knows!

I think on the whole, Hughes would be OK but nothing more. If he really is still in the running, I'm very surprised he's made it this far, but I don't see how he could take the club forward at all.

He's not exactly an appointment that's going to make people jump out of their seats shouting 'yipee!' is he.

Edited by Renegade

John Hughes is so thick he makes Craig Brewster sound like an intellectual. No thanks.

That's really harsh. Hughes is a Leither and speaks like a Leither. If he does get the job then I hope we're not going to be snobby about that. It doesn't mean he's not intelligent or indeed articulate.

Edited by Caley Stan
  • Agree 3