FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Billy Mckay - stick or twist?

PerfICT

Billy Mckay  

27 members have voted

1. 1. should we sell Billy Mckay in the summer?

• yes
    • no

OK, so the season is up and we need to think about the future. Billy hasn't got all that much left on his contract and we risk losing him on a pre-contract in January or next summer on a free. You might argue that he doesn't suit our current style (who does?!), so do we actively market him this summer and try to get some cash for him, keep him for next year in the knowledge that we'll lose him for nothing or break the bank to extend his contract?

Let's be honest here.  Nobody made a serious bid for him in the January window after his great first half of the season. I don't think they will be queuing up for him in the summer after his dismal second half of the season.  So I'd be inclined to extend his contract and hope he refinds his shooting boots next season.

Soon to be replaced by Kevin Thompson so we can move to a 4-6-0 formation with 6 centre midfielders.

I think a 2-2-2-2-2-0 formation is more likely as the full backs will be considered as wide players and therefore unnecessary?

Of course this formation could always be varied to an attacking 2-2-2-1-2-1-0 utilising a midfield diamond ? :ponder:

• Agree 2