FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Fans Open Meeting

ICT Supporters Trust

20 hours ago, tm4tj said:

The Courier have missed the point. The fans want Gardiner out. The disconnect, as frustrating as it is, is just a smokescreen.

Very true!   They (press) obviously didn't pick up the feeling during the meeting that nobody had any respect for Gardener..👹  and a few were asking if it were possible for the trust to instigate a vote of no confidence( in Gardener).

I was a wee bit shocked when Ross Thompson turned up as i thought it would have been a great opportunity for the SLO to show face! 

Ross did dangle the carrot and stated that things were about to happen and watch this space kind of stuff, He wouldn't elaborate, so wait and see ( but i'm not holding my breath)  

Looks like this meeting organised by the supp.trust will be a regular thing, Which will be welcome. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, caley100 said:

Very true!   They (press) obviously didn't pick up the feeling during the meeting that nobody had any respect for Gardener..👹  and a few were asking if it were possible for the trust to instigate a vote of no confidence( in Gardener).

I was a wee bit shocked when Ross Thompson turned up as i thought it would have been a great opportunity for the SLO to show face! 

Ross did dangle the carrot and stated that things were about to happen and watch this space kind of stuff, He wouldn't elaborate, so wait and see ( but i'm not holding my breath)  

Looks like this meeting organised by the supp.trust will be a regular thing, Which will be welcome. 

It was Scott Young who turned up. He's the latest recruit to the board 

I was just cleaning out my mailbox and came across an email in my spam folder from Keith at the club letting me know about the sponsorship for this season. I do not blame Keith (who has been great to deal with but was gone for most of the season then came back) but given that we have had zero communication since we handed over our cash this time last year and we are already nearly 20% of the way into this season (6 league games + league cup), I have replied to him to say NO. We have sponsored one or more players - either personally by myself, or as a group effort on here - for more than 27 years. It is pretty sad that we have to call a halt to this, but we cannot in all good conscience continue with this until there is positive change at the club and there is actual and substantive communication from those "trusted" with the governance of our club. 

I would also take issue with the assertion that sponsorship is not about "a shirt or a picture" and being more about the experience ... perhaps that is true for (some of) those who are local, and indeed that's who you really have to cater to, but for a large number of the people who are part of our sponsors group here, it IS about those things as they cannot get to the stadium on a regular basis for any sort of experience as they are spread over multiple UK locations or other continents and contributing to sponsorship is a way to feel you are still connected to the club and town. Way to slap your diaspora in the face!  I have literally had to beg people to represent CTO at any in person 'experience' in the past as no-one local wants to go!   

If anyone DOES want to attend the event below and you are part of the player sponsor group, let me know and I can say you will go ... Personally, I can't wrangle several flights, a hire car, and an AirBnB all for the experience! 

image.png

[incidentally - in true ICT style, the forms for this year mentioned in the letter were NOT attached to the email :doh:]

• Well Said 1

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

If anyone DOES want to attend the event below and you are part of the player sponsor group, let me know and I can say you will go ... Personally, I can't wrangle several flights, a hire car, and an AirBnB all for the experience! 

Murphy's law - one person did contact me and wants to attend 🙂 Will work with them to pass details along. 

On 9/23/2023 at 1:32 PM, big cherly said:

Here’s one for the open meeting.
As it was a nice day for football, I thought I would buy a ticket for todays match. So at 11 o’clock this morning looked up to see if I could buy a ticket online! No link open. So I called the ticket office at the stadium. Got forwarded via a recorded message to another message saying the office was unable to take my call but leave details and phone contact number and ‘they’ll call back’,

Now 1:30 and Zip! what ever happened to our club when they don’t even seem interested in selling tickets. No wonder the club is in turmoil! Oh how I miss the old turnstiles!

Last straw for me.

bc

On 9/23/2023 at 1:32 PM, big cherly said:

Here’s one for the open meeting.
As it was a nice day for football, I thought I would buy a ticket for todays match. So at 11 o’clock this morning looked up to see if I could buy a ticket online! No link open. So I called the ticket office at the stadium. Got forwarded via a recorded message to another message saying the office was unable to take my call but leave details and phone contact number and ‘they’ll call back’,

Now 1:30 and Zip! what ever happened to our club when they don’t even seem interested in selling tickets. No wonder the club is in turmoil! Oh how I miss the old turnstiles!

Last straw for me.

bc

The number they give you for the ticket office is the wrong one, as you get standard response all the time I got through Saturday morning on 01463 227451

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

I thought it was a very good meeting of the Trust today.

I won’t pre-empt their note of the meeting but a lot of pertinent questions were asked of Director Scot Young, and then the Chairman Ross Morrison joined to give an update on the Battery Farm and what it could mean for the club if it happens.

Edited by Robert
  • Well Said 1

11 minutes ago, Robert said:

Chairman Ross Morrison joined to give an update on the Battery Farm and what it could mean for the club if it happens.

#ballers

In it for the long game overtaking these Saudi backed oil money clubs I hope bringing the world's best to the Highlands

On 11/11/2023 at 6:34 PM, Robert said:

I thought it was a very good meeting of the Trust today.

I won’t pre-empt their note of the meeting but a lot of pertinent questions were asked of Director Scot Young, and then the Chairman Ross Morrison joined to give an update on the Battery Farm and what it could mean for the club if it happens.

I read last night that the Highland Council planning department are recommending refusal for the Battery Farm above Fairways but can’t find it today. 

38 minutes ago, IBM said:

I read last night that the Highland Council planning department are recommending refusal for the Battery Farm above Fairways but can’t find it today. 

It's in the courier, a few articles above the council approving another 400 homes for Milton of Leys, which will trigger extra developer contributions. 

• Thank You 1

2 hours ago, IBM said:

I have faith in SG to envoke project 'sportswashing' to get the community onside and push this through..........

I've started another topic specifically on the battery project now that the Chairman has posted a statement on the Club's website.  What is important in relation to his attendance at the ST meeting last Saturday is that apart from talking about the battery project, he said he was really struggling to see how there was any way the Club could benefit from being located in the free port zone.  That being the case, it would seem that the only prospect of the club getting more money in, over and above what the footballing side of things generates and continuing bailing out by the directors, is the battery project.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2023 at 5:16 PM, STFU said:

Any update from the meeting?

As a member, I received an e-mail with an update from the meeting (which I attended, thought was worthwhile, and would encourage more fans to attend the next one when it is arranged).

Details are also now on the Trust website.

https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/post/update-supporters-trust-fans-meeting-held-saturday-23rd-september-2023

• Thank You 2