Relegation Statement

You have to assume that the club has been working out what our 'backers' can afford to write off and what guarantees they can extend for the forthcoming season before making moves in terms of staying full-time, changing manager, impact on non-playing roles etc.

It's also worth noting that full-time football is no guarantee of promotion.  Queen of the South have been fulltime since they got relegated and finished seventh this season, behind a lot of part-time teams.  Falkirk and Dunfermline have both had extended stays in the third tier as full-time clubs in recent history.

• Agree 3
  • Thoughtful 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

From the note of the February Fans Meeting, Scott Young said there were 1459 season tickets and a further 50 half season tickets. 

Unfortunately he could not say what the split of these are.  The real question needed asked was how many full paying season ticket holders?

Don't get me wrong I know there is a lot to discuss and consider following the events of last week. However the statement yesterday was a non event. Sure something released on Sunday along the lines of "This was certainly not the plan and relegation is a disappointment to us all. Over the next days and weeks we will come together as a club, discuss, formulate and strategies before we make further comment. We thank you for your support, and we will return to you with answers etc soon."

At the moment we no nothing. I suspect the staff and remaining players know very little too. A club who has become so disjointed within that breweries and **** ups come to mind

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Looking at the statement

“Dear Caley Jags “ as the statement starts , does this just not smell of Scot Gardiner releasing this ? 
Certainly looks like something this fool would put out on behalf of his double act Morrison . Playing all iCT fans for fools they think .But fans have been bitten and will not lie down and forgive . Trying to save your battery farm Investment by trying to stay attached to ICT to try use the folk of Inverness will not work .Pair of clowns who between them are not fit to manage. 

Edited by caley1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

5 hours ago, Feb82000 said:

i plan to buy a season ticket now for next season to help keep the club going 

You'll be wasting your money. It'll be more of the same until change happens at the top. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Moogthurso said:

I will be renewing my season ticket . As usual after the early bird price reduction has finished. 

I am happy to give club my full support wherever we are. 

You won't have a club to support at this rate. Get the clowns out at the top and we might survive. Support them and let them just carry on ... and there will be no club!

4 hours ago, ictchris said:

You have to assume that the club has been working out what our 'backers' can afford to write off and what guarantees they can extend for the forthcoming season before making moves in terms of staying full-time, changing manager, impact on non-playing roles etc.

It's also worth noting that full-time football is no guarantee of promotion.  Queen of the South have been fulltime since they got relegated and finished seventh this season, behind a lot of part-time teams.  Falkirk and Dunfermline have both had extended stays in the third tier as full-time clubs in recent history.

Spot on. Only way out is with a decent team and a decent manager. Sadly we are lacking on both counts. If we save some money by booting Gardiner then we might be able to afford a manager with some experience. Taking the cheap option and hiring rookies has got us in this mess.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, IBM said:

Yes and you can bet we will still have a fulltime CEO to oversee it all.

Aye, the one responsible will still hang on to his job. If he had an ounce of decency he would resign but he hasn't ... and he has a track record for this kind of behaviour. Nothing but a self-serving scum bag. First home game of the new season let's appear in numbers tell him what we think of him ... and then boycott until he is gone. 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, ClickbaitProponent said:

You won't have a club to support at this rate. Get the clowns out at the top and we might survive. Support them and let them just carry on ... and there will be no club!

The only reason we still have a club today is because some of those clowns you are catcalling are personally footing the bills. 

As far as whether we have a club tomorrow it depends on what bills we can pay then.  

I'd rather keep the people paying and get rid of the people playing and managing at this point. 

But the board  also have to protect their investment and minimise their losses by improving performance, player development and customer satisfaction as these are all revenue streams.

The failures in these 3 areas are a concern for everyone at the club. 

Edited by Moogthurso
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Moogthurso said:

The only reason we still have a club today is because some of those clowns you are catcalling are personally footing the bills. 

But not the main two we are asking to be removed.

Personally, I want Gardiner and Ferguson gone as they manage the day-to-day activities on and off the field. They have no loyalty to the club beyond that of employer and employee (and that's both fine and fair). The chairman on the other hand has 'skin in the game'. He was an ICT supporter long before he was chairman and is one of those dipping his hand in his pocket. Both of those facts complicate any call for his head ... However, he himself may feel he has to fall on his sword as the head of the board that employed the aforementioned pair in the same way that Kenny Cameron did when we were relegated from the Premiership. 

• Agree 12

3 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

But the board  also have to protect their investment and minimise their losses by improving performance, player development and customer satisfaction as these are all revenue streams.

The failures in these 3 areas are a concern for everyone at the club. 

“My priorities are to build a strong support team to generate the income needed to field a side capable of progressing to the Premiership of the SPFL and – parallel to that work – develop a strategy for the club which will give confidence to the local and regional business community as we look to garner their support for what is, after all, their team"

Scot Gardiners own words 5 years ago. Using the above as a bench mark for performance he has been an abject failure in his role at the club. He may well have built a strong support team but then so did Stalin and we all know what happened during the purges. He is a barrier to the club achieving improvement in all 3 areas identified and there is tangible evidence to support that supposition

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

But not the main two we are asking to be removed.

Personally, I want Gardiner and Ferguson gone as they manage the day-to-day activities on and off the field. They have no loyalty to the club beyond that of employer and employee (and that's both fine and fair). The chairman on the other hand has 'skin in the game'. He was an ICT supporter long before he was chairman and is one of those dipping his hand in his pocket. Both of those facts complicate any call for his head ... However, he himself may feel he has to fall on his sword as the head of the board that employed the aforementioned pair in the same way that Kenny Cameron did when we were relegated from the Premiership. 

I feel Morrison's heart is in the right place and that he does ultimately have the best interest of ICT in mind. However he does have to take responsibility for the appointments he's made and allowed as Chairman.

An extension of that is his lack of oversight of the CEO and the day to day running of the club. I'm certain that Scot Gardiner, being a control freak, narcissist and champion bullshitter would be telling him all about how amazing things were going, and how great he's doing but Morrison should have been keeping his finger on the pulse better. 

We'll see if he can take action to finally correct that. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

Charles has rightly pointed out previously that you can't simply sack the Board unless you have others primed to take over and put the money in that the current Directors have over the years.  For that reason and because he has been a long term fan and, as Fraz points out, has the best interests of the club at heart, I would not object to Morrison remaining on the Board.  I do, however, think that there is an urgent need for him to be replaced as Chairman.  He alienated a lot of the local community over his role in the concert company and has repeated that with his mishandling of the Battery Storage project.  His credibility is shot and the club is not going regain the trust and support of the local business community or the Highland Council whilst he remains at the helm.  

The club has 6 other directors on the Board.  They also have to take responsibility here as decisions taken in the past will have been collective ones.  It is high time they stopped passively acquiescing to the Chairman and CEO and showed some collective leadership to address the real issues.

• Like 1
  • Well Said 2

7 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Charles has rightly pointed out previously that you can't simply sack the Board unless you have others primed to take over and put the money in that the current Directors have over the years.  For that reason and because he has been a long term fan and, as Fraz points out, has the best interests of the club at heart, I would not object to Morrison remaining on the Board.  I do, however, think that there is an urgent need for him to be replaced as Chairman.  He alienated a lot of the local community over his role in the concert company and has repeated that with his mishandling of the Battery Storage project.  His credibility is shot and the club is not going regain the trust and support of the local business community or the Highland Council whilst he remains at the helm.  

The club has 6 other directors on the Board.  They also have to take responsibility here as decisions taken in the past will have been collective ones.  It is high time they stopped passively acquiescing to the Chairman and CEO and showed some collective leadership to address the real issues.

I think that’s all fair comment, but is it not simply a case of he who pays the piper calls the tune?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Yngwie said:

I think that’s all fair comment, but is it not simply a case of he who pays the piper calls the tune?

A good old Scottish saying Yngwie and you are correct.

19 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

You may well be right.  But if you are, then they need to call a different tune.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2024 at 9:28 PM, Fraz said:

I feel Morrison's heart is in the right place and that he does ultimately have the best interest of ICT in mind. However he does have to take responsibility for the appointments he's made and allowed as Chairman.

An extension of that is his lack of oversight of the CEO and the day to day running of the club. I'm certain that Scot Gardiner, being a control freak, narcissist and champion bullshitter would be telling him all about how amazing things were going, and how great he's doing but Morrison should have been keeping his finger on the pulse better. 

We'll see if he can take action to finally correct that. 

Oh well, perhaps I was far too generous of Morrison. Either he's drunk the Gardiner Kool-Aid or he's just plain off his nut. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

15 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Oh well, perhaps I was far too generous of Morrison. Either he's drunk the Gardiner Kool-Aid or he's just plain off his nut. 

I am starting to think that as well. 

• Like 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic