FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Baltacha

So have a number of others. Would you want to be a manager without the autonomy to manage?

Personally I doubt he would make such a step. He never took up management since his brief spell with us and now works as a PE teacher in London He also coaches at Charlton Athletic's academy. At the moment he has job security and a pension to look forward to.

His son, also Sergie, seems to have struggled to make the grade as a footballer. He started out with St Mirren where he gained 3 scottish U21 caps. Then went to Millwall where he was let go after a year. Failed in a trial with QoS and now plays with Petershill Juniors

As a PE teacher? I have always had this very polarised view of Sergei. As an individual he was an absolute gentleman and I had a whole lot of time for him. But as a manager he just didn't seem to make it and I think there was more to that than the fundamentally defensive tactics which made that first season at Telford Street less than inspring. And there was also the issue of his very poor command of the English language (and for that to become a general view at Telford Street, it must have been bad!) Unless there has been a massive improvement, I would find it difficult to see how he could manage to teach.

I sometimes wonder how he coped with his earlier days in Inverness when he would have arrived at Telford Street to greetings such as: "Howyadooenserg"?

And there was also the issue of his very poor command of the English language (and for that to become a general view at Telford Street, it must have been bad!) Unless there has been a massive improvement, I would find it difficult to see how he could manage to teach.
why couldnt he manage to teach? 90% of kids hes probably teaching in london school,s cant speak much english either

They may, however, have a better grasp of grammar than Blackieforce.

:32:

FUNNILY ENOUGH I KNEW THAT WAS COMING,THE clowns are getting very predictable,but if it keeps them happy let them get on with it :014:

You really can't expect to have a dig at a group of people about their grasp of the English Language through the use of a poorly punctuated pronouncement (big word added to create alliteration - i.e. show off) and not expect a smart erse response.

And you can have a  :32: as well for calling him a clown - two wrongs don't make a right  :016:

This post was brought to you with  :tic01:

cant you just feel the love in this thread .......  :argue::bighug:

I'm on Blackieforce's side on this one .... a missing apostrophe and an extra comma are certainly not the worst examples of grammar on here recently. and no yellow cards for anyone - smart arse response to the original post and a fair enough comeback (including smilie) to the smart arse response ....

I am in a good mood today ... must be time for my medicine  :icon_nurse01: