FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Charlie Christie resigns

The Mantis

im pretty shocked by this news.

hope he finds something more relaxing to do noo.... and awa' fae you hoolies in the heelands ;)

all the best to your new manager/ess

Buffy x

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am loving the self righteous attitude from some of our 'fans', after giving Christie stick from day one and then when he does leave the post... 'I told ya'  :rolleyes02:

Of course it's not like the Happy Clappers on this site said anything like "Told you so" after results against Rangers for example?

It goes both ways.

who the **** has said 'i told you so' ?

after every win last year i was given 'get it up ye clacher' on about a dozen occasions, then was heavily criticised for calling up cc's mistakes and weaknesses after we LOST matches, it wasnt an easy time giving a crap about the well being of ict.

ive hardly said a word about christie leaving and shall carry on as such for the time being, theres nothing i could say now that would only be repeating what others have by now anyway.

i do wish johndo and caley d luck in whatever comes there way.  warning fans to not speak their minds with the threat of legal action is a display of total arrogance, bennet and savage are just employees of a tiny provincial football club and nothing more, they have to comply with the laws of the land just as ihe and caleyd do.  the laws of scotland do not belong to ict, the football club have no right to throw them around the internet as threats against individuals

-caleyd if you feel thats too confrontational feel free to delete it

I aint been warned off by anybody on this occasion and as Scotty may well verify I am cagey becos a.) it has been threatened before as it has against CD and Scotty (twice to me) - not by the club b.) That I evidently get fed info and I will NEVER say where from and c.) The "warnings" from any club source come "second-hand.

Or is it more than twice Scotty ?  :001:

Chic Young speaks:

So does basic human decency.

There is a pressure on football managers that few of us really comprehend and no matter the rewards I don't think your private life is ever really for sale.

Charlie Christie discovered that there is no hiding place in Inverness when you in charge of a club who are dancing on the quicksand of relegation.

He decided his wife and family came first. Some would call the decision courageous, but maybe it was no contest.

I'll bet it ran through the mind of Strachan in the sanctuary of his own home on Sunday night that maybe this wasn't worth it, that much as he loved the game he wasn't that fond of the lunatics who attach themselves to it.

He has walked away before, he could do it again.

This is sport. It is supposed to be entertainment. Fun, indeed.

Well said really.

I am loving the self righteous attitude from some of our 'fans', after giving Christie stick from day one and then when he does leave the post... 'I told ya'  :rolleyes02:

Of course it's not like the Happy Clappers on this site said anything like "Told you so" after results against Rangers for example?

It goes both ways.

there is a massive difference in celebrating a result and plotting the demise of our manager..

also CC never failed, his record stands highly against the majority of managers in the SPL and previous managers we've had.  I have supported CC and given criticism when I felt it was deserved but celebrating because he has left is no comparison... if he was a flop then you may have had a point

Guest Clare Crook

I am very sad Charlie has decided to resign, he did us proud.  I respect his very brave decision.  A home grown talented and a passionate man towards ICT......... I wish you all the best Charlie boy........ ur shoes will be hard to fill but all you want is ICT to go from strength to strength.  U have been our best manager by far...........

Guest Clare Crook
Well said Chick Young :022:
Maybe I misunderstood Chick Young, but was that a dig at Charlie's decission. ?? Strachan may have had the same thots on Sunday night, but his position in the SPL is a bit different is it not............... ??? HELLO !! Don't get me started ? I have the upmost respect for Charlie and wish him well in the future.......

just to remove any doubt - its not me nor the site that is dishing out any warnings about postings as there is nothing (so far) to warn anyone about ....

Wanderer - There is a slight difference between being warned and being warned OFF. One is a friendly warning the other is more formal. Once bitten twice shy. This site has "helped" me before but there again it was clear that my alledged slandering was misread and innocent.  :001: