FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Charlie Christie resigns

The Mantis

What surprises me is that it is so much of a shock to everybody but that also shows how little fans know what is really going on behind the scenes !!

Charlie handed in his resignation in January but was convinced to stay. He also made it clear that he wanted to go after we failed to get into the Top Six. Charlie was made a scapegoat. Many of the fans decried CC for some of the errors seen on the pitch. The bottom line is that Charlie had little say in regard to signings etc. His resignation has little to do with the fan reaction - his health forced the issue. Charlie was hounded by individuals who are rumoured to have our club at heart but they manipulated him and eventually sacrificed him. I hope the two faced bestards are choking on their feckin breakfasts this morning but I expect that they will be lauding themselves in the Press, voicing their shock and not their feckin guilt.  :008:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Donald Park has always said he was happy being assistant as he doesn't like the limelight.  Maybe it's his time now to make the move, a good shout, maybe Robbo as his asst.  :015: :015: :015: :015:

Although Charlie had my support I was never particularly comfortable with his appointment due to his lack of eperience.  I wish Charlie well in his future career.

It's hard to talk so quickly about candidates fro the job but it has to be done and the Board must get the search underway quickly.  Here are some of my suggestions:

Owen Coyle - did a good job last season, he has plenty of contacts and is reasonably experienced.

Steve Kenny - made a big difference to the Pars and got them to the Scottish cup final.

Neil Warnock - read somewhere that he would like to manage in Scotland.  He has managed at a high   level - might be worth looking at.

Jimmy Nicholl (Aberdeen) - is it not time that he became a manager in his own right again.

Charlie's commitment to this club should never be in doubt, likewise his personal integrity. He gave up a secure job to take on the pressure of managing an SPL club, a decision which was courageous, considering his own misgivings at the time. He should be appluaded for this bravery.  Unfortunately it has'nt worked out for him, and I'd just like to say "good luck Charlie" and all the best for the future.

Never agreed with Charlies appointment so am relieved its now over. I am sorry for him, but saw this outcome from the off. Also dissapointed he didnt do it at end of last season so a new, more experienced manager could have come in and made the changes he wanted.

Best of Luck Charlie, you were a Legend on the park, and you went at the right time before things went sour!

Charlie's commitment to this club should never be in doubt, likewise his personal integrity. He gave up a secure job to take on the pressure of managing an SPL club, a decision which was courageous, considering his own misgivings at the time. He should be appluaded for this bravery.  Unfortunately it has'nt worked out for him, and I'd just like to say "good luck Charlie" and all the best for the future.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: - I wholeheartedly concur.

Completely agree Action Man!  :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Sorry to see Charlie go, it was a very brave decision to take on the Club he loved and manage us at the Top Level.

There was a bit of a commotion in the Dug-out on Saturday - but we just put that down to a bad game!

Seems early for him to go, yes we're bottom - but Aberdeen and Hearts are down there with us FFS!

I wish him all the very best in the future!  Will be interesting to see if they let him move into another position within the club.

Hopefully, this doesn't mean we'll lose Parkie - he'd be my first choice to take over - I'd personally be extremely gutted if he left!  :009:

As for my being far away , did he (Charlie) not keep us up in the SPL last Season, which was good, and IHME who are the backbitters you threatened to name, if they are threatening a great club let's all bite there bums too, call them to reckoning.

Och well off to bed!!!!

"He was a first-team coach and lottery manager before stepping in as caretaker manager following the departure of John Robertson."

thats just saying what a good pedigree he had before he took up the job.he had backs of expierence and was completely ready for the job!! :rotflmao: :sillywave: :sillywave:

Can I assume from the Mrs Pauliebee post that no blame can be attributed to Parkie for our current position?

I always thought that it was a joint affair(no not that kind of joint!) with CC fronting a management(coaching) team and Parkie being part of this.

To suggest that not only is Parkie absolved from any blame but that he has the potential to lead the club, concerns me.  

Can I assume from the Mrs Pauliebee post that no blame can be attributed to Parkie for our current position?

I always thought that it was a joint affair(no not that kind of joint!) with CC fronting a management(coaching) team and Parkie being part of this.

To suggest that not only is Parkie absolved from any blame but that he has the potential to lead the club, concerns me.  

I had, prior to this latest news, also queried the teflon manner of Parkie

I may win on the round-a-bout

Then I'll lose on the swings

In or out there is never a doubt

Just who's pulling the strings

I'm all tied up in you

But where's it leading me to

I wonder if one day that, you'll say that, you care

If you say you love me madly I'll gladly be there

Like a puppet on a string

I wonder if one day that, you'll say that, you care

If you say you love me madly I'll gladly be there

pinocchio_newppzzJBVp.jpg

RESPECT  :011:

It all seems a bit "he said/she said" at the moment.  If people are going to blame his resignation on our league position

that seems harsh, we've never have the best of starts to the season - it's early.  We played better at St Mirren, 9 games unbeaten

there, it was bound to go at some point.

Grassa was on the news at lunchtime stating that CC always struggled in the role, and if others on the site are to be believed this has been coming for a while.

I unashamedly love Parkie to bits, he's a feckin rottweiler, that would give our lads a right and well needed boot up the erse!

I'm not saying he's blameless, but at the Sponsors night CC commented on what a support DP had been for him.

I think this resignation was decided on off-the-pitch matters - that's just my thoughts though.

I unashamedly love Parkie to bits, he's a feckin rottweiler, that would give our lads a right and well needed boot up the erse!

So he has been sitting biting his tongue for the last year and a half has he?? Sorry.....i find that hard to believe!