FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ben Foster

Guest TinCanFan

Guest TinCanFan

With the not so great goalkeeping just now at ICT maybe ICT should go after Manchester United reserve keeper Ben Foster.  He has just recovered from a knee injury and says that he wants a loan spell starting in the January transfer window.  He currently has one England cap and played for Watford last season.  From what I've seen of him he looks like a decent keeper but would you bring him on loan to ICT as a real goalkeeping prospect?

Guest TinCanFan

I doubt he would want to come up here, but yes ive heard he's a good prospect.

Maybe not, but Falkirk have done it this season with Tim Krul from Newcastle and last season with Schmeichel from Man City and Hibs signed Maka-Lamby who was a reserve with Chelsea.

Ben Foster was brought to Man Utd as their future number 1, and came back on loan to be No.2 this season, but injury has prevented that. As already mention he was one of the best keepers in the league last season and I doubt he would come here.

Having said that though, that is the type of deal we should be looking at for a keeper. If Dunfermiline can get an (ex) Scotland goalie in Paul Gallacher,and they are in the first divsion and Falkirk can get young prospects like Schmeichel and Krul, im sure we can.

But the trouble is,who?

There's a bloke called Hilario for Chelsea who's pretty good.

I dont know you son so i wont be too critical.....your head is up your a*se!!!!!

Foster at Man Utd and Hilario at Chelsea!!!! REALITY CHECK!!!!!!

But Keep them coming....i'm p*ssing myself with laughter here.

Guest TinCanFan

Falkirk got Schmeichel from Man City last season and Tim Krul from Newcastle this season, Hibs bought Ma-Kalamby from Chelsea, Dundee United signed Szamoltulski on loan from Sturm Graz (who also has 13 caps for Poland)  and Tamworth bought a player who had played 47 times for Benfica.  What is to stop ICT in trying to get sign on loan a player such as Ben Foster?  Other teams have done it so why not ICT.

Guest TinCanFan

And ICT have come close to getting players from the Premiership before.  One was Estonian internationalist Mart Poom and the other was a goalie from Arsenal but didn't come because Arsene Wenger didn't want to loan someone out who was not going to get a game every week and because of this ICT signed back Ridgers.

Falkirk got Schmeichel from Man City last season and Tim Krul from Newcastle this season, Hibs bought Ma-Kalamby from Chelsea, Dundee United signed Szamoltulski on loan from Sturm Graz (who also has 13 caps for Poland)  and Tamworth bought a player who had played 47 times for Benfica.  What is to stop ICT in trying to get sign on loan a player such as Ben Foster?  Other teams have done it so why not ICT.

Both Tim and Kasper are/were relative unknowns when they were signed. You are talking about a rising English star who has been capped (I think), starred for Watford last season and is a future Man United star. A completely different class of player to what you have mentioned.

Ma - Kalamby was released by Chelsea reserves so not really a direct comparison and neither is the United keeper because of his age.

factor in the wages as well and you can see why it is simply a pipe dream to think about getting him.

Guest Arab4Ever

There's a bloke called Hilario for Chelsea who's pretty good.

I dont know you son so i wont be too critical.....your head is up your a*se!!!!!

Foster at Man Utd and Hilario at Chelsea!!!! REALITY CHECK!!!!!!

But Keep them coming....i'm p*ssing myself with laughter here.

It could be worse, I heard a wee rumour today that Peter Crouch is on his way to utd for a loan spell :015:

The monk is not on loan by the way, hes on a 6 month contract.