FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Marius check

IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

Perhaps you might have noticed that Marius was on his ownsome up front against 2 6ft 9 inch defenders, and whose own team mates were mostly flinging high balls up to him, Wayne feckin Rooney couldnt do better.

Completely agree. It wasn't until we actually got the ball down for a period that we really began creating things. The long ball idea was pointless in the extreme and I could not believe we were persisting with it as Kenneth and Wilkie lapped up every high ball that came their way.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CaleyJaggy

As I ruminate on the game today, I have to say that I?m more than a little disappointed.

It was like Inverness calling Radio Bucharest at times today. Time and time again, as the passes made their way to him there seemed to be enough static to prevent him getting onto his toes.

Marius, I hope you were carrying some kind of knock. If not, I can only say what you gave today was unacceptable.

No matter what your personal circumstance I for one will not accept anything less than my 11 being 100% tuned in.

OOOOOoooo. hark at her....

Perhaps you might have noticed that Marius was on his ownsome up front against 2 6ft 9 inch defenders, and whose own team mates were mostly flinging high balls up to him, Wayne feckin Rooney couldnt do better.

You never saw the Man U game yesterday then.  Rooney was winning nearly everything he got in the air yesterday, it was some performance

Not being one to criticise Marius, but he looked lost yesterday.  He appeared to me to be a man on his way out, a very poor display not helped by the way the rest of the team played.

Let's just hope he had piles or something similar.

What I don't understand is how one awful display (lets not beat about the bush, he made one good pass in about 75 minutes of football) suddenly makes you a bad player. Anyone else (Including IHE) will tell you that particularly at home, Marius is a real asset.

What I don't understand is how one awful display (lets not beat about the bush, he made one good pass in about 75 minutes of football) suddenly makes you a bad player. Anyone else (Including IHE) will tell you that particularly at home, Marius is a real asset.

I must have been at the toilet when he made that one good pass....

He is maybe not all that bad a player, but there are currently better players at ICT earning a helluva lot less than he is....

Unless he was acting, Marius seemed to hobble off up the tunnel at the final whistle. He took a nasty one on the edge of the box first half.

Aye - facing the demotion to the bench a "hobble" becomes a necessary accessory to a proud professional.  :023:

What I don't understand is how one awful display (lets not beat about the bush, he made one good pass in about 75 minutes of football) suddenly makes you a bad player. Anyone else (Including IHE) will tell you that particularly at home, Marius is a real asset

Well he has had more than one awful display at home but I would play him at home - he can supply a touch fer a goal - but not at the expense of a system or changing the system to suit him - 6 SPL goals is simply not enuff. Beginning to feel sorry fer him as he is beginning to be found out - by players and fans.

Well he certainly wasn?t an asset yesterday.

Time and time again he was on his heels.

The coup de grace came shortly before he was hooked.

The ball was sprung down the right wing.

Rosko was ahead of him and got the cross in, Cowie was doing his utmost to get to the bag post.

What was Marius doing? He was jogging towards the box with no great intent.

Such was his lateness, the ball came to him as the defender cleared it.

Nothing at all to do with being ?up front on his own?, more like not being tuned in.

Apauling.

I must have been at the toilet when he made that one good pass....

He is maybe not all that bad a player, but there are currently better players at ICT earning a helluva lot less than he is....

Without having to look, switched the ball out to the wing (to Cowie I think)

There was also a moment where he picked up the ball, knocked cooly past Wilkie before being bundled over for what should certainly have been a freekick.

Are we Hearts in disguise?? :024:

Am i the only person thinking Marius is guaranteed a game?? After overhearing Brewster say to the dugout how poor a game he was having...well words to that effect... then do hehaw to back up his words just made me wonder.!!! 

I say "resting" Marius for at least our next three games might just give the team a much needed boost in morale, at a particularly crucial period in this year's league campaign.

Controversial I know, but does anyone else think it might be worth a try..?

I say "resting" Marius for at least our next three games might just give the team a much needed boost in morale,

How would that work then?  the tactics in the first half were shyte...  if the team orders were to chuck high balls to Marius, is that his fault?.

The whole feckin team were gash in the first half, if we had gone for Barry out wide right and Imrie on the left we might have put more pressure on a crap Dee utd

Once again, why oh why did I open a post, started by IHE, about Marius!  Will I ever learn? 

It's the "lets kick Marius - he's paid too much" brigade again and again, and not just IHE but his followers too.  Why not pick on Russeldhino, who couldn't pass the ball to an ICT player yesterday if he was paid double/treble or lottery money, or even Royster (with his socks at his ankles!) who didnt have the greatest of games ever.

Boo - its boring, repetitive, boring and, oh, why did I open this thread!  I'm off to bed, in a huff - not even got Cristiano Ronaldo to look at in Matchoftheday, boooooo.  Unhappy bunny, but maybe at Mudderwell - Wednesday - maybe?????? I will cheer up?  At least the Reserves games make me happy - most of the time! 

I AM NOT A GRUMPY OLD GIT!    Just get grumpy at all the negative posts re Marius! 

the tactics in the first half were shyte...  if the team orders were to chuck high balls to Marius, is that his fault?.

There was no sign of any kind of tactical instruction in the first half - unless they were told to give the ball away at every opportunity.

The point I'm trying to make is why, when Marius was hooked, did it give the team a completely new lease of life..?

How come he appears to have a divine right to start every game..?

The whole ICT team played better after half time, not just when Marius went off in 62 mins, we seem to be a one half team these days.

Did you not think that Black going off made a difference?

I spoke to an Arab fan yesterday, and he thought we we the better team in the second half and for them to get the three points would have been a bit lucky.

You surely have to question playing 4-5-1 at home?

Im not sure, going on league position, Utd are one of the toughest teams in the league, and 4-5-1 has served us well against the big teams.

HOWEVER

Persisting with that formation despite being the better team and 1-0 down was a bit much