1 win this year!!

PandB

With only 1 win this year against lowly Gretna, this is certainly not top 6 form and in some cases this would be deemed a sacking offence. Top 6 we're having a laff!! Realistically, we're hoping for 7th or 8th at best.

I read that Bobby Williamson has been sacked for a run of 1 win in 14 click

Hope that doesn't trigger off another managerial merry-go-round.... I'd hate to see Blobby coming here....

Kilmarnock anyone ...... :024:

With only 1 win this year against lowly Gretna, this is certainly not top 6 form and in some cases this would be deemed a sacking offence. Top 6 we're having a laff!! Realistically, we're hoping for 7th or 8th at best.
We had a bad start to the season & its not looking good towards the end , we've now got 2 home & 2 away games left before the split & going by our away form ( 1 win since January ) i'm doubtful we'll get a 6th place ,

I too believe 7th or 8th  looks most likely

Given that we're under no real threat of relegation, I still believe that Brewster should be given until the end of the season before his position is reviewed.

What happens then very much depends on what he mabnaged to achieve between now and then.

I'm not convinced the problem is Brewster, just as I wasn't convinced that we had any real problem with Charlie.  Our problems lie in other people at the club not letting them do their job.

The sooner the fans take a step back and start looking at the larger picture the better.....our club is in a mess from top to bottom, off the park it has been like that for as long as I can remember, but it is now spilling over on to the pitch and I don't know how we achieve it, but it has to stop.

I am with CaleyD on this ...... sort of

I would agree that there are more problems at the club than Brewster and stepping back to look at the big picture is indeed a good suggestion !

In fact, when you do step back, you might come to the conclusion that Brew (and Marius) are both convenient scapegoats/smokescreens for the other problems. In each case they were out of work and looking for a new job. ICT procured their services and worked out a deal to bring them to the club. It is not Brewster's fault that he replaced Charlie, or that Charlie felt compelled to resign and it is not Marius' fault that the club decided to break the wage structure to bring him here. In each case the club could have said no. They - like us - are only trying to get the best deals they can from a prospective employer and we would all be lying if we said we would not do exactly the same thing.

Where I diverge from CaleyD's stance is that I think Brewster does have to shoulder some of the blame for our predicament since he arrived at the club. He cannot be blamed for any jealousy over MN's wages, he cannot be blamed for at least some players wanting away because of this, and he cannot be blamed for every bad result - the players have to shoulder some of that too.

However, when you hear talk of personality clashes within the first team structure (ie. including management), or players who could still do a job for us going out on loan because they dont get on with the manager (allegedly), or promising youngsters possibly heading half way around the world to play because they seem to fall into the category of "not the manager's kind of player", or when (some of) you witness lacklustre or terrible performances which appear to be bereft of any tactics then I am afraid he does have to take that on the chin.

I was not keen on Brewster coming back to us, partly because of loyalty to a man I respect - Charlie Christie, and partly because of his severe under-achievement at DUFC which appeared to be a poisoned chalice until Levein took over. However, he is here and fortunately, courtesy of Gretna, has until at least the end of the season to start getting it right or to bring in players that he does see eye to eye with or who are his "type". We should continue to debate games, or to speak our minds about where we think he got it right or wrong but we should also be aware that it is not all his fault !

• 2 weeks later...

The title of this thread continues....

Perhaps our only win this year will come v Aberdeen in a fortnight!! We've got to beat them at some point, but on yesterday's showing, I fear the worst against Kilie next week never mind v Aberdeen! Where's the fight, where's the passion?????