FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Riga

RossP

Heading there for a few days in a week and a bit. Any tips?

Notice there's a Latvian league game on whilst i'm there about 30k away for FK J?rmala, where there's also a beach. Well up for going to that!

Yes, go down to the beach where you might pick up a load of amber.

Riga is famous for it--that's the stuff that oozed out of trees millions of years ago and  solidified round trapped insects preserving them for posterity in all their pristine living beauty.

Looks very good on the mantelshelf portraying you as a world traveller and a collector of .....

Bring back one of these dolls in folk dress with a little red circular band ( similar to an arab's headress ) round her head holding a shawl round her shoulders and flaxen pigtails adorning same.. Your girlfriend will love it.

Riga is an old city with a vivid history. :004: Better watch out for the inhabitants of the Riperbahn---er...or is that in Hamburg....? :001:

• 2 weeks later...

I can now confirm that Latvian women are incredible  :crazy07:

If you do go to Riga, spend most of your time at Jurmala which is about 20km away. Lovely beaches, lots of stunning women, cheap beer, watersports park and FC Jurmala  :016:

Wasn't in Riga but found myself in Ventspils, which is along the coast a bit, a few years ago.

Met a burd there called Svetlana and it was love at first sight, and lasted most of the night. She introduced me to her flatmate, also called Svetlana and we all agreed to meet in a bar the next night.

As it turned out she was with another friend; amazingly enough she was called Svetlana too. By now I was beginning to see a pattern emerging.

Got my jacket pinched that night too. Or did I trade it - can't remember now. **** - I couldn't even remember the next morning, but the burd I woke up facing looked like a shabby used jacket's worth at the very most.

Happy days!  :015:

Buckett--you have a history! :002:

Sounds like you are VENTing your spleen and SPILling the beans --now we know why you went to Ventspils. :001:

I never went there but I have heard of Daugvapils in that vicinity. Something happened there with Hitler's army but ...heck--lots of things happened with his SS didn't they..... :008:

You are a rich Brit  ripe for the picking it seemed..... :015:

Happens to all of us I can assure you. A Latvian burd did  it to me a few years ago but since I am a generous soul I told the immigration officer who 'phoned me about her that nurses were needed in Canada since most of the local ones had gone  to  the U.S.A. for more money. So she was allowed to stay in canada. Last report I received from my resident spy, Paul, here in Vancouver was that he had seen her with a seedy looking character dressed in a black leather jacket who spoke Russian and probably came from the Ford Dealership across from the coffee shop they were in. Paul is amazing, worth his weight in gold, knows every businessman in town and then some, every bird in every social club in town and every new business in town over a radius of 50 miles.

Are we back on track Mantis?  :023:

Ross P

Did you bring back Amber from the beach.

Or did you leave your jacket with her? :016:

The only thing I dropped on the beach was my jaw  :016:

Random football sightings included some shabby locals with ancient Sheffield Wednesday away tops (orange ones) and an equally ancient Leeds home top; they didn't respond to my "Mon the Owls" drunken shout...

Also sat in front of some Yeovil Town fans at the FC Jurmala league game (?1.25 entry!).