FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness - Tesco Town Once More?

RiG

Morrisons have a much wider selection of products to choose from - Tesco are just really annoying now. Tesco used to pride themselves on Customer Service which seems to have fallen by the wayside now.

I think Tesco were the only real contender for this site as it's not a "full sized" supermarket which is what ASDA are trying to get in Inverness. Also think ASDA are still in contention for a supermarket at Slackbuie are they not?

Never amazes me how many supermarkets Inverness now needs (and the sizes of them). I can remember when we had a co-op, a Wm Low and a Gateway. Now we have 3 Tesco (fourth on the way), 2 Co-op, Morrisons, Lidl and Aldi..!!!

Beats me how Asda ae having so many problems getting into the city when Tesco get the go ahead for yet another store, that will be another 2 or3 local shops down the tubes.

Nust be a few brown envelopes getting delivered soon eh?

Is there anywhere else to shop in Inverness? :rotflmao:

Aye, ASDA now deliver to Inverness !! :thumb04:

Aye.....think it costs ?5 for Asda delivery. Same as Tesco i believe, unless its changed. Cheaper than getting a taxi too.

Beats me how Asda ae having so many problems getting into the city when Tesco get the go ahead for yet another store, that will be another 2 or3 local shops down the tubes.

This is a degree of monopoly which is unacceptable. One of my main personal gripes with Tesco is the Cafe at Tesco Inshes. I have been going there since it was the Cope in the 1980s, it was great then and also under Tesco's direct management later on. However, since they have franchised it out, but possibly not entirely BECAUSE they've franchised it out, it's gone down the tubes so people have stoped using it etc etc. The equipment, which is apparently Tesco's responsibility, keeps packing in but worse still the hours at which you can get stuff are much shorter. For instance after home games I was in the habit of dashing in there for my tea before nipping home, getting changed and out to the Social Club. Now there's no chance of getting a meal at 5:30 - they are long closed. Tesco would probably pass the blame on to the franchisee but in the end, I'm now looking at transferring my eating (and therefore shopping) arrangements to Morrisons.

This is a degree of monopoly which is unacceptable. One of my main personal gripes with Tesco is the Cafe at Tesco Inshes. I have been going there since it was the Cope in the 1980s, it was great then and also under Tesco's direct management later on. However, since they have franchised it out, but possibly not entirely BECAUSE they've franchised it out, it's gone down the tubes so people have stoped using it etc etc. The equipment, which is apparently Tesco's responsibility, keeps packing in but worse still the hours at which you can get stuff are much shorter. For instance after home games I was in the habit of dashing in there for my tea before nipping home, getting changed and out to the Social Club. Now there's no chance of getting a meal at 5:30 - they are long closed. Tesco would probably pass the blame on to the franchisee but in the end, I'm now looking at transferring my eating (and therefore shopping) arrangements to Morrisons.

Charles I thought a man of your means would be dashing into Rocpool not Tescos

Charles I thought a man of your means would be dashing into Rocpool not Tescos

Nah... castle street restaurant maybe...

Our main shopping centre is Aberdeen which has all the main supermarkets including ASDA and Sainsburys. Mrs Kingsmills flirts with them all from time to time but, for choice, quality price and " shopping experience" opts for Tesco 4 times out of 5. However I suspect that Tesco make more of an effort where there is serious competition rather than a single token Morrisons and a couple of inferior Co-op stores.

Even if Tesco are the best of a bad lot it's surely desirable to have a choice and the situation the council have allowed to develop in Inverness is highly anti competitive.

On line shopping at Asda is the way ahead,as said above,they deliver to Inverness now :rotflmao:

Asda price

PS, eh hate them both but Tesco's monopoly is unacceptable

ordered all our food for christmas dinner from asda,getting it delivered to the sister in laws in grantown

You don't have to shop at Tesco!!

some of us do have to yes,aviemore has a tesco,s only nothnig else,if i want to use asda its 50 miles away and morrisons 30 miles away,not exactlly saving any cash if i use either

Is there anywhere else to shop in Inverness? :thumb04:

Aye, ASDA now deliver to Inverness !! :rotflmao:

I think its in order to build up confidence in asda in Inverness!

It's cheeper than Tesco!!!!

Plus you get better clothes in asda!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I work for tescos in Tomnahurich Street and they dont bother about the customer service. There is 1 of the "customer" promises that as soon as there are more than one person in the queue at the checkout they are meant to open another till. The regular cashiers scan rates are also monitored daily and if you aren't scanning fast enough then the manager will take you through a refresher course. If that doesnt work then they will put you up on disciplinary on capability charges. We also get a Mystery Shopper that comes around every so often to check how the workers are treating the customers so to speak. A few of the guys there, including the security guard and myself, reckoned that if they get the approval for the fourth store in Inverness then the one on Tomnahurich Street will close and become a big storage warehouse for the other three with all the staff who work there to be shifted to the new store.