IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER

IBM Transport

On 3/4/2017 at 8:47 AM, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Cars in Sneck.jpg

From left Riley Elf of Wolseley Hornet, Standard 10, Vauxhall Viva HA, Hillman Super Minx estate leaving square, Austin Cambridge behind, VW van on right with Singer Gazelle in front.  The front of the station is under construction and is going to be again starting this year.

4 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

SST.jpg

My thought was Ford Anglia 105e but that is not an Anglia badge, the bumper has large overriders, number plate in middle not below and the indicators in the grille are different so I have to say I am not sure on this one!  The registration SST111 was registered between July 1961 & March 1962 most likely August-September.

On 12/03/2017 at 9:18 PM, IBM said:

My thought was Ford Anglia 105e but that is not an Anglia badge, the bumper has large overriders, number plate in middle not below and the indicators in the grille are different so I have to say I am not sure on this one!  The registration SST111 was registered between July 1961 & March 1962 most likely August-September.

IBM, time on my hands these days. Saw this on another site, it is a DKW Junior from the 1950's

1 hour ago, weeman said:

IBM, time on my hands these days. Saw this on another site, it is a DKW Junior from the 1950's

Thanks, weeman.  That explains why semi-obscure German marques like Wartburg and Trabant had come to my mind...

Having never herd of a DKW before I had a look on Wiki and after reading about them I think the Anglia 105e would have been a much better car.

Glad you are not getting bored weeman :wink:

Who had these on their cars?  I remember the 165 x 13 ZX on my old Corsair and they used to squeal even just going a tad fast round corners!

web_thumb_048.JPG

Anyone know this driver or where it was taken?

img309.jpg