FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

GOOD BACKBONE

Guest flossy10cat

Guest flossy10cat

with all the (deserved) negative talk toward ICT and CB, I would like to say that the team itself still have the making of a great team they just need 1 or 2 new players to come in and be strong.

Guest flossy10cat

Meet at 3 or 4. The backbone hasnt changed in years and they have always done well but they are demotivated and being dragged down by a tactical numpty. If someone with a clue came in, the team would show some pf the passion that got them their in the first place.

That is the problem though Flossy.............the backbone has changed. Central defender, quality midfielder and quality striker required, not to mention Broonie going to Celtic. That was the spine of our team.

Nothing up front as we are now toothless, and nothing up top from the manager as he is proving to be clueless.

From the regulars, Tokely, McGuire, Hastings, Duncan, McBain (in his current position), Barrowman and Wood are not good enough for the SPL at this moment in time.

From that list, I feel only Barrowman and Wood have the potential to improve in their current positions, whereas McBain would improve if played at left back.

By my reckoning, we need at least 5 good quality players.

don't dissagree about the tactical numpty dragging us down, however the backbone has either aged or left and not been replaced with like. I would say we need:

At least 1 good, experienced central defender that is a leader

At least 1 good, experienced striker that can put the ball in the back of the net

a new left back (dick is too old and slow and has been shown up this season)

a new right back (rossco is a liability and proctor is no more than cover)

cover for left back (Lionel is no good and McBain is too old)

A right winger (Not McBain, not Imrie, not Cowie), perhaps Zander but not seen enough of him to say

A good central midfielder (Black is leaving and we need someone to fill the void - may be Vigurs)

A good central midfielder (cowie is leaving)

Someone to teach Duncan how to pass the ball to players in the same coloured shirt as himself

Someone to get Imrie some consistancy

As it stands I'd keep Esson, Munro, Duncan (after training), Imrie (on a good day), Vigurs, Rooney

so we need 5 or 6 + decent cover.

Guest flossy10cat

All these players have done a good job for us in the past and where i agree that if change is needed - change. But i do believe with the right manager in place these guys wood come good.

As for Broonie going, i said at the time i was delighted and i caused a few upsets as he isnt that good. he was an amazing shot stopper but he couldnt catch, kick or punch the ball, he was woefull at penalties but most importantly the defence had no confidence in him as when he called for the ball the defence always booted it out anyway. The money we got was a great deal for an ok keeper.

Having seen the players under two different managers now, Tokely, McGuire, and Duncan are not likely to improve under new management.

Hastings might improve as it only seems to be since Brewster has been on his own (Since Park left) that he has lost the ability to play. I think this is down to him not being sure of what is asked of him - which in turn is down to Brewster "leaving the football to sort itself out on the day".

Barrowman and Wood would almost certainly come good under new management, because a new manager would be able to see that they need to be paired with a striker that can complement them.

Guest flossy10cat

I agree with getting shot of the defenders but duncan althogh he will never win an award, is a solid player who mopps up a lot of mistakes from the rest of the team.

I havnt seen him in a while now but wee Sutherland was doing well and he just seems to have disapeared, i think guys like him should be given a chance too

From the regulars, Tokely, McGuire, Hastings, Duncan, McBain (in his current position), Barrowman and Wood are not good enough for the SPL at this moment in time.

I don't there'd be a shortage of SPL takers for Rossco and Duncan if they were available. Agree with the others though, although Wood ought to make it at this level.

GK Esson

LB Hastings

CB Munro

CB ( )

RB Tokely

LM Imrie

CM Vigurs

CM ( )

RM ( )

FWD Rooney

FWD ( )

Subs: Fraser, McGuire, Proctor, McBain, Duncan, Wood, Sutherland.

So a CB, CM, RM, FWD. 4. If Brewster can bring in a CB as a leader, and very creative midfielders and a forward then a fighting chance there will be.

Dont like to double post, but I think that the defence is not to blame because they are being put under pressure

1) They are being badly managed

2) a lack of creativity and attacking further up.

Thats why I wouldnt see wholesale changes there, and lets face it, 4 SPL standard players is going to be the absoulte maximum the board will bring in, so there are other areas of greater need.

I agree with Kirishima. Tokely and Hastings get a real bashing on here but I think they're SPL quality (not getting any younger though). Duncan's a trier but shouldn't really be 'first name on the list'. Proctor should be tried in that position.

Guest flossy10cat

i reckon Procter should be sold and wages made available to someone who deserves them. I do think that tokely and hastings have had a poor season but with a good man in charge they would come good but we do need to get new players in as they are getting on a bit

The team, as is, playing to their potential would, IMO, be enough to see us safe this season. However, if we are to progress then we do need to be looking to strengthen, and constantly strengthen in almost all areas of the park. Be that replacing players already there or bringing in guys who are constantly challenging them for their start....I include the younger guys coming through in that second group.

What is needed first is someone or something to get us playing to our potential so the team and players can be properly (and fairly) assessed.

Not saying we should ignore the transfer window, but the last thing we need to be doing is signing players for the sake of it because Brewster is under a bit of pressure and has to be seen to be doing something. In the long run that will simply do more harm than good.

GK Esson

LB Hastings

CB Munro

CB (Elvis)

RB Tokely

LM Imrie

CM Vigurs

CM (Duncan)

RM (Zander Sutherland)

FWD Rooney

FWD (Shane Sutherland)

Subs: Fraser, McGuire, Proctor, McBain, Duff, Wood, Kevin Fraser.

So a CB, CM, RM, FWD. 4. If Brewster can bring in a CB as a leader, and very creative midfielders and a forward then a fighting chance there will be.

I've found them all for you and only Elvis will cost us.

And only one has any experience.

Yep. I would hesitate to stick in up-and-coming players with the task of getting us off the bottom. Experienced heads who have been there and done it is what is needed, no reflection on the qualities of the younger players.