FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Defender - Izzy Iriekpen

CaleyD

found the posts where Latviaman mentioned the striker

I wrote regarding a Latvian player who has scored 17 times in the 17 matches played as yet not even the courtesy of a reply

Surely if a good Cheap, no transfer with a good recommend, His record.... I repeat 17 goals in 17 games, he is worth a look, I would even pay the fare, January looks closer. His knees are not shot 24 years old, doesn't drink/ smoke, just wants a chance

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange as it may sound, the more I look at that list, the better i feel ......... There is no way we can sustain that quantity of defenders beyond the end of the season so every single one of them whether it is someone new like Iriekpen, long term players like Tokely, Hastings or Munro, or fringe players like Duff, Proctor or McGuire has to on the very top of their game in every game .... one bad game and they could be out of the side for a long time and possibly out of the club .......

I watched a Scunthorpe game on Sky Sports last season and i seem to recall Iriekpen playing very well in that game. what does this mean for McGuire and Proctor?? Surely we don't have enough space for all of them plus Munro and Mihadjuks.

May well be a wake up call for some of the current guys in our backline who have all under performed at some point this season.

But i think should we get this guy midfield and attack should be the real priorty after that.

Strange as it may sound, the more I look at that list, the better i feel ......... There is no way we can sustain that quantity of defenders beyond the end of the season so every single one of them whether it is someone new like Iriekpen, long term players like Tokely, Hastings or Munro, or fringe players like Duff, Proctor or McGuire has to on the very top of their game in every game .... one bad game and they could be out of the side for a long time and possibly out of the club .......

Scotty I fail to see that logic, this is a pro club and a small one at that, we and cant afford , its like a manager saying lets sign them all and we will see what is the best.

Edited by stevico1

Scotty I fail to see that logic

Don't think its that difficult ...... If you are in the team, you have to work your socks off to stay there because if you get complacent or have some bad performances you could be dropped. Once you are dropped, you are then one of 7 defenders trying to dislodge the 4 starters and as we saw with the likes of Caff, its not easy if the person who replaced you has been performing well !!!

Less than a month ago, there was no real competition for most defensive positions .... now there is !!! Although some of the new players may not be the household names we might have hoped for (such as Pressley), a few may turn out to be gems !!!! Come the end of the season, it would be somewhat realistic to assume that 3 or 4 of those defenders will be cut loose so every single one of them should be motivated enough to realise that they are training and playing for a contract and their future.

Think its players like Mcguire,Hastings,Proctor and maybe Rossco who have struggled for spells so far and cost us a lot of goals who will be worried most.

Of course its a gamble from team management to bring these players in, but lets face it the defence has been shyte sor far, our managers up to now have based our play on being very solid at the back( except Pele) and its worked up to now.

I'm looking forward to tomorrows game, i think and feel we can get a good result, makes the journey home better.

Think its players like Mcguire,Hastings,Proctor and maybe Rossco who have struggled for spells so far and cost us a lot of goals who will be worried most.

Munro can't get off scot free just cos he's local. He's been equally at fault throughout the season

Edited by kencar

Tokely

Munro

McGuire

Hastings

Duff

Proctor

Pavel

Bryne

Gatthuessi

Zadi

Hmm...

Easy, punt Zadi, McGuire and possibly Proctor (left, centre and right back) Add Izzy Sparks and we're laughing. A good solid number of 8. In fact keep proctor as a utility player and 9 is still fine.

Strange type of signing for Brew if true. He certainly does not look like a "yes" man in any shape or form. More like a "i'll eat you and spit you out" kinda guy. Certainly looks a lovely chap.

It must of been the wine last night Scotty, now I see the logic :thumb04: :rotflmao: