FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

My Thanks Go To Butcher And Malpas

PompeyCT

I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel we owe a thousand thanks to Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas for the jobs they did during their time here.

I know we are down now, but they gave us a fighting chance where Brewster couldn't, motivated the players like Brewster couldn't, and gave us the sneaky results that Brewster couldn't.

It may well have been too little to late to get them in, but I enjoyed being a Caley Fan again when they arrived. We may have been dead and buried long before today without them.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel we owe a thousand thanks to Terry Butcher and Maurice Malpas for the jobs they did during their time here.

I know we are down now, but they gave us a fighting chance where Brewster couldn't, motivated the players like Brewster couldn't, and gave us the sneaky results that Brewster couldn't.

It may well have been too little to late to get them in, but I enjoyed being a Caley Fan again when they arrived. We may have been dead and buried long before today without them.

It should have been well within their grasp to keep ICT in the SPL but unfortunately they blew it over these last 3 games.

There could be a problem for Butcher next season as as far as i know first division games are still played on the same days as Scotland internationals

Butcher's plans for next season.

It sounds like he's here for the long haul. He has already targetted players for next season and hopes he can use the parachute payment for the playing side.

Wonder what he'll do for a keeper since it looks like one of the best keepers we ever had is on his bike.

I'd say if Esson had been in goal, and Mihadjuks played as a c.back during the past 3 or 4 games we would have been safe BEFORE today's game.

Agreed.

Thanks Terry and Maurice.

Why thank them??? You have the man who took us down :huh:

Granted, but he did far better a job than Brewster ever could, yes we got ourselves into a position where we could stay up, then blew it, but its better to have loved and lost and all that crap. We ended up losing by two goals goal difference, when with Brew it probably would have been set in stone 4-5 games ago.

Him and Mr Black signed my top today!

Terry is a legend, and was heartbroken we went down. We will be back, and with him in tow. He came in to do a job - hes the type if guy that wont leave until he has done it.

He didn't motivate the players yesterday , most gutless display I've seen in a long long time .

Predict he will be gone 3-4 months into next season and we will be left with Malpas

What makes you think that???

Just dont think Butcher will cut it as a manager and the board will take the easy option

:blink: Robbo aand Malpas

He didn't motivate the players yesterday , most gutless display I've seen in a long long time .

What did you expect him to do ?

At least Terry is animated which is a lot more to be said compared to the previous 2 managers we've had !

Your posts are always so negative it does my head in :blink:

Edited by Fanoffooty

What did you expect him to do ?

At least Terry is animated which is a lot more to be said compared to the previous 2 managers we've had !

Your posts are always so negative it does my head in :blink:

Unfortunately there is much more to football management than all this animated stuff, coupled with all the out-pourings of grief and emotion, when it all goes badly wrong.