FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Craig Brewster

Guest ThePugsy93

Yeah, but he took us off the bottom of the table, and like I said for a few glorious weeks gave us a wee bit of hope...

It wasn't until the last feckin day - repeat - the last feckin day that we finished up back at the bottom again - where we were when your mate was sacked.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

And your point ?

It is of no interest to me what position we are in having played 37 games.

Where we finish having played 38 games is what I'm intrested in.

Butcher wasn't good enough. Simple as that.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will find it was the players that "turned on him" and decided to stop playing for him :clapping03:

The majority of fans (I am excluding ones who never wanted him back in the first place) simply saw what was happening and reacted rationally as a result.

In which case the players should have been severly diciplined.

You mean the fans jumped on the bandwagon without making their own minds up?

I don't recall much in the way of capitulation leading to us all clammering for his sacking.

My recollection is of a lomg running debate over several months where strong views on both sides were aired. Towards the end of November it however became apparent that he had lost the dressing room and lost his way.

It is extremely easy to say that Brewster would have kept us up - you will never be proven wrong. I think however I like most will sleep easily with the knowledge that he would probably have managed to get us relegated by the middle of March.

Guest ThePugsy93

And Brewster was?

On his results no, he wasn't. But not bad enough to result n him getting sacked. If we were 20 points clear at the bottom of the league then aye he should have been emptied.

But 4 points ffs.

I've no doubt in my mind we would be playing top flight football next year had the board not bottled it.

remember that Craig Brewster is the first manager that ICT have sacked in 15 years ...... if Butcher does a decent job in the coming season then there will be no reason for him or us to worry. ICT dont make a habit of causing the managerial merry go rounds, we just get caught in the crossfire and if Big Tel moves on it will be his own choice I would think.

Actually ICT sacked a manager 14 years ago. Sergei Baltacha in 1995, after 1 season and finishing 6th in division 3! Of course, as a loyal supporter you would remember that!

actually, ICT did NOT sack Baltacha ... at least not officially. He left by "mutual consent" and yes I do remember our first season, it was dire stuff to watch on the park, but it was exciting because we were finally in the senior leagues. One big thing I remember from that first season is talking to a couple of the players and them telling me Baltacha issued fines to defenders if they went over the half way line ..... and dire though that season was, he (SB) still had a better managerial record than Brewster ......

Guest ThePugsy93

Pugsy...

That's 5 hours now you've kept this completely pointless debate going...

Are you trying to raise cash for Children in Need or something?

If you and others didn't get themselves all worked up it would have been finished after 5 minutes.

Pugsy...

If you and others didn't get themselves all worked up it would have been finished after 5 minutes.

:015:

I only came into this about half an hour ago....

Certainly haven't got your stamina.

Are these guys for real.................there is no argument here,

Brew was taking us down, no doubt in my mind..........Butcher almost pulled it off, well he did then undid the good work. How anyone can defend Brews record of eight straight defeats and then say he would have kept us up is just not funny, good wind up, but not amusing at all.

Can't believe I even bothered replying to this nonsense.

Guest ThePugsy93

Pugsy...

:015:

I only came into this about half an hour ago....

Certainly haven't got your stamina.

Take it you never noticed the word ''others''

Guest ThePugsy93

Brew was taking us down, no doubt in my mind..........Butcher almost pulled it off, well he did then undid the good work. How anyone can defend Brews record of eight straight defeats and then say he would have kept us up is just not funny, good wind up, but not amusing at all.

Another reason why this has gone on for so long.

Another reason why this has gone on for so long.

Aye... it's starting to peter out now thank fk...

Now we can get back to addressing much more important issues like next season's kit.

Guest ThePugsy93

Absolutely, there is no point in trying to have a laugh. Ahh, it's a site admin and moderator trap is it.

:015: :lol::lol:

huh?

To say there are far more inferior squads in the SPL is laughable, for the first 5 1/2 months of our campaign we were the weakest squad - by far, couldnt score and couldnt defend - thats why we were bottom, didnt you notice?

Brewster proved he was tactically inept at Utd and got the chance to prove again here.

The board just didnt want to see that, he was the easy option and it backfired, i would liked to have seen Brew prove everybody wrong but i had this underlying fear that we were doomed.

I'm glad he's gone and there was never a chance in hell brew would have kept us up.

So, you're blaming the squad and not Brewster?

Knock knock...anybody home?

The manager makes the squad.

To say there are far more inferior squads in the SPL is laughable, for the first 5 1/2 months of our campaign we were the weakest squad - by far, couldnt score and couldnt defend - thats why we were bottom, didnt you notice?

Brewster proved he was tactically inept at Utd and got the chance to prove again here.

The board just didnt want to see that, he was the easy option and it backfired, i would liked to have seen Brew prove everybody wrong but i had this underlying fear that we were doomed.

I'm glad he's gone and there was never a chance in hell brew would have kept us up.

Had Brewster been given time he would have got these players playing and one of the above 3 teams would have been playing Division 1 football next season, not ICT.

Completely deluded...

I agree! If it causes that much aggro for people don't reply, however that would defeat the purpose of the site! But to cheer everyone up how about a song to the tune of candle in the wind....

Goodbye Caley Thistle

I think u were the best team in the highlands that ever played in the SPL

Even when you lost, The Caley Jaggies scored a lot of goals because they consistantly played attacking footbalL

And it seems to me, you lived your life like a candle in the wind, never knowing how to score, when the Dons came in

And I would have liked to seen you stay in the SPL, but you sacked your manager and Malky now you division1...... you sacked your manager and Malky, now you division 1..............

Guest ThePugsy93

I agree! If it causes that much aggro for people don't reply, however that would defeat the purpose of the site! But to cheer everyone up how about a song to the tune of candle in the wind....

Goodbye Caley Thistle

I think u were the best team in the highlands that ever played in the SPL

Even when you lost, The Caley Jaggies scored a lot of goals because they consistantly played attacking footbalL

And it seems to me, you lived your life like a candle in the wind, never knowing how to score, when the Dons came in

And I would have liked to seen you stay in the SPL, but you sacked your manager and Malky now you division1...... you sacked your manager and Malky, now you division 1..............

:015: :lol::lol::lol:

Fantastic Work

I cannot believe some comments on Brewster,the only thing wrong with his removal was that it should have been earlier.Indeed he should not have been reappointed, Butcher would have avoided relegation if he had been in the job earlier.

Guest ThePugsy93

I cannot believe some comments on Brewster,the only thing wrong with his removal was that it should have been earlier.Indeed he should not have been reappointed, Butcher would have avoided relegation if he had been in the job earlier.

No he wouldn't have.

He's already proved he's the wrong man for the job.

Guest ThePugsy93

i cant express my utter thanks and adoration for that classic piece of songwriting/music. That cheered me up no end since my constant depressed state iv been in since saturday!

Wat a tune, candle in the wind! priceless, im almost speechless

Thats 2 of us that like it.

Brewster ultimately failed as ICT manager, but he got alot of things right.

He brought a higer standard of professionalism to the club than had previously been the case. Unfortunatly, some of the players decided that he was pushing them a little too hard and stopped giving 100% on the pitch to get him sacked.

He gave youngsters a chance. Sutherland, Vigurs, Wood and Duff were all promoted to the first team squad and were progressing well (until Butcher arrived :015:)

He had a decent record in the transfer market but he was guilty of releasing key players (Wilson, Hart, Wyness) before replacements had arrived. If Mihadjuks, Morais, and Gathuessi had arrived at TCS at the start of last season (rather than half way through) I suspect we would have had a much more successful season and Brewster would still be in charge.

Butcher and his results got the benefit of these players (as well as being given the funds to bring in Foran, Kerr and Odhiambo) not to mention the 'bounce' that almost any new manager gets when players initially try much harder.

And even Brewster's harshest critics would have to concede that he had some shocking luck. We lost plenty of games where we'd performed well and deserved so much more (the 1-0 home defeat to hamilton and the 2-1 home defeat to st mirren being 2 good examples). We probably played worse a few times under Butcher and won (Ibrox, the 2-1 at home to st mirren, the 1-0 at home to killie).

At the end of the day, when you take all of these things into account, I don't think there's necessarily that big a difference between Brewster and Butcher. Only time will tell, but the early signs on the pitch (after the 'bounce' wore off) were not good. And off the pitch, the decision not to offer contracts to Vigurs or Mihadjuks raises even more questions about Butcher's judgment. It's too soon to say whether TB is going to be a better manager than CB IMHO.

How did you rate the DUFC support Pugsy?

What do you mean how did I rate their support?

In what way?

Did they contribute to his downfall there?

The way I look on it is, Dundee United should have sacked him IF he got them relegated.

He didn't therefore imo he should have stayed.

Their fans acted the same way ours did and were wrong at the time. (again imo)

:015: :lol::lol:

I take it under that logic then that if your house is on fire and it's clearly going to burn to the ground, you should stay put just in case it doesn't. Even though it's clear what's going to happen. And how anyone could say that Brew was a good manager is just laughable. Brew's loyal army of two on here must of got sexual pleasure from the long balls, and amazing excitement of seeing David Proctor playing centre-half. I know I did.

Edited by Renegade

No he wouldn't have.

He's already proved he's the wrong man for the job.

Your willing to condemn a guy who was manager for a small part of the season and nearly saved us, yet defend a guy who was manager for a large part of the season and took us to the bottom of the league, including a humiliating loss to Rangers and an 8 game losing streak?

Can I have some of what you are smoking?