FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Craig Brewster

if you mean fans then yes I suppose we are too .... we should have put MORE pressure on the board to relieve him of his duties earlier !!!

No.

The fans should have left the club to run things the way it saw fit.

Had they done so we would be going to Ibrox, Celtic Park and Tynecastle next season.

Not feckin Dens or Almondvale.

But the supporters got what they wanted and paid the ultimate price.

Like I've said before, I hope your happy.

Whats makes you think that **** (brewster) would have saved us?

He knew the players and he knew how he wanted them to play.

It was only a matter of time before he got it right. But he was emptied far too early.

And resorting to personal abuse is a bit low do you not think?

I don't really want to know what the post said before the swear filter caught it.

Talk so much ****

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ThePugsy93

That reminds me - I was going to go fishing tonight!

:clapping03:

Bet you don't catch as many as I have. :clapping03:

Who is good enough for ICT then?

As far as I can see If Brewster isn't good enough (not my opinion) then Butcher certainly isn't good enough.

If Butcher is that great a manager he would have kept us up comfortably because like I've already said we by no means had the worst squad in the league. Not even the second worst at that.

The blame lies with the ''fans'' that called for his head and the board for bending over backwards to make them happy.

How did they do more than Brewster during his second spell.

What did they do that he didn't?

Every other manager other than Brewster that we have had has been good enough for ICT so far. Each has contributed in some way to the success of ICT. Brewster is a young person in coaching terms and can still make a good coach maybe even manager if he learns from his mistakes that he has made both here and at Utd.

I'm not saying Butcher is a great manager but he is more experienced and on the whole of it more successful.

And I agree with you Butcher has cost us a few points I feel with his obsession in playing too deep when defending a one goal lead.

It's a new chapter now though. Brewster left at the right time. It's time to move on and get behind the team that is here now and not the one that was around pre january. He is part of County now and that is where his name should be getting discussed not here.

I'm sorry but i completely disagree Pugsy.

We may not have had the worst squad but it was certainly lacking any real experience or leaders and then when things started going bad Brewster started tinkering ridiculously with the team to the point where people didn't know what position they play.

Yes we can blame the players but at the end of the day we are blaming a set of players most of who were signed by him.

The home form was humiliating as well. One win before he got sacked. That is pathetic at any level and it was at a point where people didn't want to go to games anymore. That is one thing Butcher changed. We only lost 2 home games while Butcher was in charge in the league.

Butcher did all he could. There where times when he got the best out of the squad he had and brought in 2 players of a good calibre in Brian Kerr and Richie Foran.

Unfortunately what relegated us was the barren spell of 8 straight defeats in December/January time and given the bottom 6 was so tight this season it was always going to be tough to try and survive, let alone coast. After about 4 or 5 games i started to worry as players were severly underperforming and Brewster just seemed to stand aroud with his arms folded hoping his team would perform.

Fans pay good money to see this team play so when things look to be going wrong they have every right to voice there concerns and if they hadn't we would have been long gone. Butcher restored a bit of pride in the team and picked up some great results such as the Ibrox win and 0-0 with Celtic.

The team did all they could after but it was all so tigh and unfortunately luck didn't swing our way but we will move on...it's all we can do.

Edited by ajsict92

Guest ThePugsy93

How did you rate the DUFC support Pugsy?

What do you mean how did I rate their support?

In what way?

Did they contribute to his downfall there?

The way I look on it is, Dundee United should have sacked him IF he got them relegated.

He didn't therefore imo he should have stayed.

Their fans acted the same way ours did and were wrong at the time. (again imo)

Since then they have become a far stronger team, but not because brewster was a bad manager, because Levien is a far superior manager.

Are you going to tell me Butcher is far superior to Brewster?

Guest ThePugsy93

Every other manager other than Brewster that we have had has been good enough for ICT so far. Each has contributed in some way to the success of ICT. Brewster is a young person in coaching terms and can still make a good coach maybe even manager if he learns from his mistakes that he has made both here and at Utd.

I'm not saying Butcher is a great manager but he is more experienced and on the whole of it more successful.

And I agree with you Butcher has cost us a few points I feel with his obsession in playing too deep when defending a one goal lead.

It's a new chapter now though. Brewster left at the right time. It's time to move on and get behind the team that is here now and not the one that was around pre january. He is part of County now and that is where his name should be getting discussed not here.

Agree with you on most parts here.

But to say that Brewster hasn't contributed to ICT is utter balls.

Who signed Filipe Morais? I rate him as one of our best, if not the best players.

And he would have contributed a lot more had he been given the chance.

Guest ThePugsy93

No, oddly enough I wouldn't say that, but he did give us a wee bit of hope for about 3 months!

But in the end we got relegated.

Which has proved the fans wrong and It's proved the board wrong.

That he did but it was too late. Who for the most part trained Morais and developed him for the rest of the season. If Brewster had that eagle eye for talent 6 months earlier he may have kept his job. His tactics were woeful at the best of times.

remember that Craig Brewster is the first manager that ICT have sacked in 15 years ...... if Butcher does a decent job in the coming season then there will be no reason for him or us to worry. ICT dont make a habit of causing the managerial merry go rounds, we just get caught in the crossfire and if Big Tel moves on it will be his own choice I would think.

Actually ICT sacked a manager 14 years ago. Sergei Baltacha in 1995, after 1 season and finishing 6th in division 3! Of course, as a loyal supporter you would remember that!

Guest ThePugsy93

That he did but it was too late. Who for the most part trained Morais and developed him for the rest of the season. If Brewster had that eagle eye for talent 6 months earlier he may have kept his job. His tactics were woeful at the best of times.

He would have and should have kept his job when he kept us in the SPL.

Unfortunately he wasn't given that opportunity.

Guest ThePugsy93

The fans werent behind him. The squad wasnt behind him. As bad as it sounds he simply wasnt wanted in Inverness! It wouldnt have mattered if he had another 10 years to save us once the respect goes there is no coming back.

Yet another example as to why the fans were to blame. If they don't give the guy their backing what chance has he got.

He was very harshly dealt with.

The fans werent behind him. The squad wasnt behind him. As bad as it sounds he simply wasnt wanted in Inverness! It wouldnt have mattered if he had another 10 years to save us once the respect goes there is no coming back.

Yet another example as to why the fans were to blame. If they don't give the guy their backing what chance has he got.

He was very harshly dealt with.

I completely agree Pugsy! It was the fans who turned on him and wouldn't let him get on with the job.

Guest ThePugsy93

I completely agree Pugsy! It was the fans who turned on him and wouldn't let him get on with the job.

That must be the first sensible reply I've read since page 2.

Guest ThePugsy93

He was dealt with in the same way as any other manager that was doing rubbish in football would have been dealt with.

No he wasn't.

And I've already had that debate in this thread.

I think you will find it was the players that "turned on him" and decided to stop playing for him :clapping03:

The majority of fans (I am excluding ones who never wanted him back in the first place) simply saw what was happening and reacted rationally as a result.

Guest ThePugsy93

I think you will find it was the players that "turned on him" and decided to stop playing for him :clapping03:

The majority of fans (I am excluding ones who never wanted him back in the first place) simply saw what was happening and reacted rationally as a result.

In which case the players should have been severly diciplined.

You mean the fans jumped on the bandwagon without making their own minds up?

No, oddly enough I wouldn't say that, but he did give us a wee bit of hope for about 3 months!

But in the end we got relegated.

Which has proved the fans wrong and It's proved the board wrong.

Yeah, but he took us off the bottom of the table, and like I said for a few glorious weeks gave us a wee bit of hope...

It wasn't until the last feckin day - repeat - the last feckin day that we finished up back at the bottom again - where we were when your mate was sacked.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: