FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Craig Brewster

Well, i'm sure now that the dust has settled, all the Brewster doubters will put their hands up and admit they were wrong to call for his head. All the pressure from the folk for a man to be sacked, and without that pressure he may still be in a job, and ICTFC would still be an SPL club... oh well, we all make mistakes!

I find myself agreeing with you here CB's. We were all far too quick to call for his head and we paid the ultimate price. Maybe we should take note and not do the same thing next year, I don't really fancy division 2.

No doubt you will be shot down in flames by the regulars though.

Tin hat at the ready.

Too quick? Was an 8 game losing run ok to you? We were slipping further and Further Down. If we kept him we would have been F*cuked long before the league ended. Maybe you wanted us to go losing for the rest of the season? As i the was we were playing it didnt look like we were going to win again.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ThePugsy93

Well, i'm sure now that the dust has settled, all the Brewster doubters will put their hands up and admit they were wrong to call for his head. All the pressure from the folk for a man to be sacked, and without that pressure he may still be in a job, and ICTFC would still be an SPL club... oh well, we all make mistakes!

I find myself agreeing with you here CB's. We were all far too quick to call for his head and we paid the ultimate price. Maybe we should take note and not do the same thing next year, I don't really fancy division 2.

No doubt you will be shot down in flames by the regulars though.

Tin hat at the ready.

Too quick? Was an 8 game losing run ok to you? We were slipping further and Further Down. If we kept him we would have been F*cuked long before the league ended. Maybe you wanted us to go losing for the rest of the season? As i the was we were playing it didnt look like we were going to win again.

Was getting relegated ok to you?

No bad run of form would have ran on for that much longer, the SPL is such a **** poor league I'm convinced Brewster would have got us back in the mix.

Butcher got us relegated, that no one can argue with.

No bad run of form would have ran on for that much longer, the SPL is such a **** poor league I'm convinced Brewster would have got us back in the mix.

Of course, 2 wins in 28 games at DUFC is a great record too !

Bollox. Butcher was simply "in charge" when we were relegated .... there is no single factor that led to our relegation. As i said on another thread, board, players, butcher and brewster must all take some blame. The percentage we apportion to each will vary by poster ......

Guest ThePugsy93

Of course, 2 wins in 28 games at DUFC is a great record too !

Bollox. Butcher was simply "in charge" when we were relegated .... there is no single factor that led to our relegation. As i said on another thread, board, players, butcher and brewster must all take some blame. The percentage we apportion to each will vary by poster ......

Agree almost entirely.

You forgot one group of people though.

You know where I lay the blame.

And the way I see Butcher was incharge when we went down, so Butcher took us down. Simple.

Edited by ThePugsy93

:024: . TB came in and did his best to turn things round for us but at the end of the day it never worked out. Tb joined us when we were 4 points behind 11th (something like that anyway) and he got us right back in to the mix and it had to come down to the last day of the season but it went Falkirks way

if you mean fans then yes I suppose we are too .... we should have put MORE pressure on the board to relieve him of his duties earlier !!!

Guest ThePugsy93

if you mean fans then yes I suppose we are too .... we should have put MORE pressure on the board to relieve him of his duties earlier !!!

No.

The fans should have left the club to run things the way it saw fit.

Had they done so we would be going to Ibrox, Celtic Park and Tynecastle next season.

Not feckin Dens or Almondvale.

But the supporters got what they wanted and paid the ultimate price.

Like I've said before, I hope your happy.

No.

Had they done so we would be going to Ibrox, Celtic Park and Tynecastle next season.

Whats makes you think that **** (brewster) would have saved us?

Guest ThePugsy93

No.

Whats makes you think that **** (brewster) would have saved us?

He knew the players and he knew how he wanted them to play.

It was only a matter of time before he got it right. But he was emptied far too early.

And resorting to personal abuse is a bit low do you not think?

I don't really want to know what the post said before the swear filter caught it.

Edited by ThePugsy93

Ok CB, firstly I'm not joining in because I 'hate' Brewster, infact I really like him as a player. The thing is you said on the fist page of this thread that under Brewster we would have only lost to Falkirk 1-0, well can you prove this?

Pudsey asked someone to prove a point so you should do the same before making ludicrous claims that have no backbone or substance.

And as i've already stated the thing I've asked to be proved cannot be done, because the rediculas way in which Brewster was treated. I believe we would have survived had he survived.

As it was the supporters cost us our position in this leaguie and have made it impossible for me to prove what you are asking.

When I said CB I actually meant the guy who started this thread not Craig Brewster, I was just wanting his point that he made about us losing 1-0 to falkirk to be proved, I couldn't expect you to understand his reasoning.

Guest ThePugsy93

Ok CB, firstly I'm not joining in because I 'hate' Brewster, infact I really like him as a player. The thing is you said on the fist page of this thread that under Brewster we would have only lost to Falkirk 1-0, well can you prove this?

Pudsey asked someone to prove a point so you should do the same before making ludicrous claims that have no backbone or substance.

And as i've already stated the thing I've asked to be proved cannot be done, because the rediculas way in which Brewster was treated. I believe we would have survived had he survived.

As it was the supporters cost us our position in this leaguie and have made it impossible for me to prove what you are asking.

When I said CB I actually meant the guy who started this thread not Craig Brewster, I was just wanting his point that he made about us losing 1-0 to falkirk to be proved, I couldn't expect you to understand his reasoning.

Never realised that, but I'd imagine his reply will be on the same wavelength as mine.

Guest ThePugsy93

Why is he not a Caley fan? Because he doesn't share your opinion?

Edited by Yngwie

Everyone has the right to their opinion, no matter what it might be. If no one replied to the original it would have died and there would not be any need to resort to abuse. Best not even to add any more.

Guest ThePugsy93

Everyone has the right to their opinion, no matter what it might be. If no one replied to the original it would have died and there would not be any need to resort to abuse. Best not even to add any more.

Correct.

I don't hate Brewster. I am disappointed he never played for us when we were crying out for an experienced striker. I lost a lot of respect for him after he went immediately to the dirty Gypos and pulled on their shirt after apparently having a busted shoulder.

He gave 100% to the club. He also did a lot of damage to what was once a solid squad. Ultimately he was NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ICT. Nobody knows how TB and MM are going to do in the first division but they did a much better job in the short time they were at the club than Brewster did the entire time he was manager in his second spell.

:clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03:

Guest ThePugsy93

I don't hate Brewster. I am disappointed he never played for us when we were crying out for an experienced striker. I lost a lot of respect for him after he went immediately to the dirty Gypos and pulled on their shirt after apparently having a busted shoulder.

He gave 100% to the club. He also did a lot of damage to what was once a solid squad. Ultimately he was NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR ICT. Nobody knows how TB and MM are going to do in the first division but they did a much better job in the short time they were at the club than Brewster did the entire time he was manager in his second spell.

Who is good enough for ICT then?

As far as I can see If Brewster isn't good enough (not my opinion) then Butcher certainly isn't good enough.

If Butcher is that great a manager he would have kept us up comfortably because like I've already said we by no means had the worst squad in the league. Not even the second worst at that.

The blame lies with the ''fans'' that called for his head and the board for bending over backwards to make them happy.

How did they do more than Brewster during his second spell.

What did they do that he didn't?

Edited by ThePugsy93

Guest ThePugsy93

How did you rate the DUFC support Pugsy?

What do you mean how did I rate their support?

In what way?