FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

TB ... not known to exaggerate!

kiltarlity

TB quote from todays P&J

"I am pleased with the progress we are making, we are not spraying the ball about and dominating teams by beating them by seven or eight goals, you don?t do that in pre-season against teams like Elgin that work hard"

Shouldn't we be scoring 7 or 8? ,we are losing goals to crap teams!.

Mr Butcher isn't it amazing how much better things look when you add a bit of spin or is it the red wine !

G

Edited by kiltarlity

TB quote from todays P&J

"I am pleased with the progress we are making, we are not spraying the ball about and dominating teams by beating them by seven or eight goals, you don?t do that in pre-season against teams like Elgin that work hard"

Mr Butcher isn't it amazing how much better things look when you add a bit of spin or is it the red wine !

G

You don't do that to teams like Elgin as it would demoralise them before their season falls apart.

TB quote from todays P&J

G

You don't do that to teams like Elgin as it would demoralise them before their season falls apart.

LOL!! :lol:

TB quote from todays P&J

G

When will some people on this forum start to wise up. These are pre-season friendlies and the whole purpose of them is to get players fit for the start of the season, and now it seems, to play triallists to see how they perform. They are NOT competative games so you cannot judge how we are performing until the real season starts. Oh and it's nice to see the arrogance creeping back in from some fans

"Shouldn't we be scoring 7 or 8? ,we are losing goals to crap teams!.".

There is no divine right to win any football match, you have to work hard at all levels and have the correct attitude. Do that and you will win more ganes than you lose.

What you have to remember about the pre season games we have been taking part in. We would be classsed as a scalp to these teams. Their players are gonna be more "up for it" than our lot. So....you got a lesser skilled team, who is trying hard VS better players just going through the motions.

What you have to remember about the pre season games we have been taking part in. We would be classsed as a scalp to these teams. Their players are gonna be more "up for it" than our lot. So....you got a lesser skilled team, who is trying hard VS better players just going through the motions.

Yes I agree I drunk from the cup of "arrogance" this morning..

Get like that when I'm high, I got the wife 6 bottles of cava sparkling wine (?33) yestersday for Free, thanks to a Tesco price/clubcard glitch.. think getting another one over on Mr T, went to my head..Sorry.... lol.. :-)

Edited by kiltarlity

Beat a Highland league team 8-0 in pre-season or beat the pars 1-0 when the league starts?... hmmm...

Chill out, the results don't matter too much in pre-season, there are too many more important factors.

I agree 100%, those who think we are there to pump them with a full squad as so far off the mark, we pump them this year they wont have us back next year, we show them respect, give them a game they have a small chance at and bingo. Make no mistake these teams should not be looked at as diddy teams, its a friendly and should thus be treated as such and use them as a test bed for our formations and trials.

Looking at the teams we're putting out there, I actually think we've been doing pretty well so far. If we were fielding full strength teams then I might be expecting large scores, but we're not and to see us still getting results with so many young lads and trialists who aren't used to working with those around them, then any win is a huge positive.

Precisely CaleyD - put our full strentgth sqaud out, then i expect major scorelines!

Cant believe some of our fans even think the way they are thinking just now! Have pride in your club!!

Precisely CaleyD - put our full strentgth sqaud out, then i expect major scorelines!

Cant believe some of our fans even think the way they are thinking just now! Have pride in your club!!

I think TB and MM have put on a good show case with what they have now and what they have on offer at the club :lol: