FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Delusions of grandeur

The away support for ict is pretty decent, and i believe that 90% of those are either expats or north standers.

I think you are very wrong with this comment.

Terracing would solve all our problems in terms of attendance and atmosphere. Never going to happen but surely for now the main stand can just cheer up.

How exactly? Having terracing didn't exactly create an electric atmosphere when we were last in SFL1.

I just think the terracing would naturally filter the fans into their seperate groups; the ones who wish to sing, the youngsters, the main standers and the execs (or those who think they are execs).

Ah well, i hope i am right anyway, i don't want the away games to be as sh!te as the main stand.

Edited by tokelyisvictorious

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow this thread has veered off topic bigtime. Once again we're talking about singing sections and lack of atmosphere.

Here's how I see it. It's a football match. No matter where you sit, there will always be dissenters to noise makers. BOTH groups of supporters have to tolerate each other. If you chant, as long as you aren't OTT abusive of offensive, then there is no prerequisite to be ejected from the ground. Ignore the sweetie rustlers and carry on. They soon get fed up. If you are a sweetie rustler, and not many on here will be, then accept that there will be people who want to be somewhat vociferous, and will make noise. Allow it to happen. If you don't it will create bad feeling amongst ourselves which is EXACTLY what we have to avoid.

As for terracing, yes, singers will congregate. However, as we'll be playing in front of reduced crowds, home and away probably, then I see no reason why this may not happen in seated areas too.

IHE was right. The club perhaps have learned from the past 5 years and this WILL help us in our next visit to the top flight. If any players out there think that the 1st Division is easy, then a rude awakening will hit them in the first game.

As a support, we have to unite and create whatever atmosphere we can, home and away, and let the players know that we're there with them, in good and bad, and they in turn may produce results that can see us in pole position at the end of the season. The players know only too well that they may get criticised for poor performances too.

BELIEVE!!

I never could understand the "I'm an ICT fan but I'm going to give my money to every other team in the league instead" attitude!!!

I can! Not everyone can afford to go home and away so have to make choices. Some of the away games last season had great atmosphere.