Losing faith in Butcher

Westhillman

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The reason I'm not calling for his head, and the reason why at this time I hope he doesn't go is because I see Butcher as being the lesser of two evils, and should Butcher go, my worry...no, make that what I am absolutely petrified o,f is Malpas getting the job. Someone I reckon he'd be an absolute disaster. To quote Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead, "when you're made to pick the lesser of two evils, your still picking evil". Unfortunately in this case we haven't much choice.

Don't think so.

Our management team will move on shortly - let's be fair from this forum it is obvious ICT management is a thankless job.

Oh, wait we could have John Robertson, a magic manager, so good nobody wants him except the ICT supporters that live in the past.

We will not have an ex England captain, current Scotland assistant manager, leading our team, what we will have is Dick Campbell and a part time football team, as many of the current players follow TB out the door.

I suppose that will stop the arguing on here as to which of TB signing are good or whatever, unless like Buchanan they come back and bite you on the bum. (If that was TB not CC that let that player get away what a field day the posters on here would have)

I think our current management team are doing a good job under trying circumstances - not as good as the fans on here would of course, that's accepted. The lack of funds, loss of form, injuries etc have had an effect on his team selection, no doubt, although we are not that far adrift in the league.

Will we be better with Rossco and Imrie back and of course our injured centre forward? I guess we will be - and longer term Duff will also make an impact on his return but by then TB will be history and Dick will be speaking eloquently to the BBC regarding the loss of another three points and we will all be so grateful for our new public image. No red wine just cloth cap and pints!

Butchers biggest mistake was letting Hastings go. Simple as! Even if we signed Golly and had him play LCB alongside Munro, that would be good. Tokely,Munro,Golabek,Hastings back 4. That should stop ANY team in scotland.

Any team in Scotland! That defence would be lucky to stop anyone in the Highland League. Golabek aint a centre-half and neither is Hastings. The only player with any real presence in that defence would be Tokely. ICT need a Mihadjuks/Mann type in next to Munro.....and need one now!