FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Mulgrew

vinnie87

Just heard Mulgrew is a free agent after Strachan fired him. Might be a good signing after Golly's display on saturday. He can also play left mid which still seems to be bit of an area of uncertainty. Wages might be a stumbling block though.

Not a chance we'll get him, Dundee Utd will be first in the queue, and i have a funny feeling the Dons will be going for him since they didna get Hammell. Hibs and Hearts could even go for him.

Although, straight after saying that... from the courier in Dundee

But with Kalvenes on his way to Tayside, the manager ruled out the possibility of bringing Celtic’s Charlie Mulgrew back to the club following his loan spell with them last season.

I think this is from the Daily Ranger...

Charlie Mulgrew's Parkhead career is over after a blazing row with boss Gordon Strachan.

The Scotland Under-21 star has been told to find a new club after being punished with Aiden McGeady before returning from the club's ill-fated pre-season trip to Poland.

Record Sport understands the pair arrived at the meeting point for the journey just 11 minutes late. But Strachan was fuming with his young stars and issued them with a fine of £10 for every minute they were late.

The manager wasn't satisfied with their excuses and immediately told them he was doubling it.

Only after Alan Thompson stepped in to pay for his skint team-mates was the angry confrontation resolved.

A source close to Mulgrew last night said: "The manager told Charlie and Aiden they would be docked £10 for every minute they were late.

"But after refusing to accept their reasons they were told it was up to £200 on the spot or £400 when they got back to Glasgow.

"Charlie didn't have his cashline card and had to give Thommo the money back later. "It was the worst possible ending to the trip.

"He's disappointed because he believes he's good enough to play for the first team.

"He was taken off after a poor 30 minutes in a friendly against Legia Warsaw but he doesn't think he should be judged purely on that performance.

"Charlie feels he hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip, compared to guys such as Mo Camara who he's vying with for the left-back position."

Mulgrew could be handed a lifeline at Dundee United, with boss Craig Brewster keen on him after his successful loan stint last season

That makes sense. I had a cup of tea last night and I thought the leaves said Mug Brew. I have since been in touch with my "mole" and although Brewster is favourite I am informed that we are in discussions and we have approached Cellic about Mulgrew. There are also discussions going on with the Arabs to allow us first bite of the cherry if we let Black and Proctor go.

I think both Golly and McBain are on there way out and Rankin is a central midfielder playing out of position. This only leaves Hastings and Morgan down the left side. Mulgrew could do a good job for us.

I can honestly say i will be gobsmacked if we got Mulgrew at ICT. Could definitely do a job, and has the possibility of making us money if good performances are noticed by larger clubs.

Guest robb0

I can honestly say i will be gobsmacked if we got Mulgrew at ICT. Could definitely do a job, and has the possibility of making us money if good performances are noticed by larger clubs.

would be a very good signing , not sure what sort of wages he would be on though.  High ones i'd imagine!

Maybe not. Celtic squad will be a bit stretched what with 1/2 of them off to Japan. Could have been making up the numbers against PT

Still don't see him signing for us. Wallace might have been a better target buts he's on trial with Birmingham

To flat out sack/release him, Celtic would of had to buy out his conract, or a % of his contract. Think they've just said he is free to talk to another club, so they can avoid this lump sum payoff