FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Airdrie Utd V ICT :Matchday Thread

Scotty

Two things stuck out for me

1) Cox and Stratford does not work.Despite their own limitations we need Duncan or McBain in the middle with Cox

2) Boy o boy do we need Imrie and Odihambo back to inject some pace and directness - Eagle is mince and Hayes can't do it all on his own (although he tried very hard.

Oh wait 3rd observation:

Someone needs to have a word with Foran - probably the most talented player in the league but he still needs put in the graft (either that or he was out on the razz on Friday night)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really believed going into this one we would just sweep airdrie aside. Beating Morton away seemed proof enough that we could dispatch of the smaller teams, even with a long distance away day.

Airdrie were the better team throughout. We just about created two chances the entire game, one which we scored. They simply passed us and outfought us off the park. The short passing game, and trying to keep possession no matter what, these tactics disappeared.

Foran has to be dropped. Even if he was the best player in division one, anyone who clearly cannot be bothered should be punted as soon as. For him to put on a show like that for the 150/200ish fans who turned up and travelled a 350 mile round trip to see the team is disrespectful. His entire performance consisted of him half-attempting to get onto a pass, not chasing the ball once he had been dispossessed, then turning round and finding someone to gesture and moan at. Time for rooney/barrowman to step up.

Sorry I don't get your point? They were a 2nd division team so we should have scored more than one against them.

I agree with that. We should be scoring more than one home or away against teams like Airdrie. Or that's what I was thinking we would be doing before the season started.

I thought with Foran, Rooney, Barrowman, Sanchez and Odihambo (obviously injured just now), at least the 1st 3 would be banging in at least 1 goal a game between them.

It would appear we actually don't have that cutting edge just now, we don't have a player that's going to grab the games we are struggling in by the scruff of the neck and turn them around.

Foran wasn't that bad - targetmen strikers depend to a large degree on players around them. Foran recieved a lot of long balls up to him because the midfield was so poor and when he won these balls (and he won a lot of headers) it came to nothign because he was isolated. If the midfield was stronger then we could get higher up the park before trying to hit Foran, allowing him to attack the ball more and provide knock downs for his partner.

I still don't know if Sanchez and Foran is the best partnership. Barrowman is a poacher, pure and simple, and if he was up front with Foran perhaps he'd take advantage more. However, if Barrowman had been playing yesterday he'd be getting all the stick because he wouldn't have been able to do anything with the service provided either.

Two things stuck out for me

1) Cox and Stratford does not work.Despite their own limitations we need Duncan or McBain in the middle with Cox

2) Boy o boy do we need Imrie and Odihambo back to inject some pace and directness - Eagle is mince and Hayes can't do it all on his own (although he tried very hard.

Oh wait 3rd observation:

Someone needs to have a word with Foran - probably the most talented player in the league but he still needs put in the graft (either that or he was out on the razz on Friday night)

agree with pretty much all of that, the only part i don't agree with is the bit about foran being the most talented player in the league, i wouldn't even say he comes close, there are far more talented players going about than foran in the 1st division.