FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Holding Everybody Back

Renegade

Does anyone else agree that ICT are regularly holding far too many players back for set pieces. I noticed on Saturday that a few times during the first half that when Partick got a corner or a free kick near the box, every ICT player was back, including the strikers, though in the second half one or two were staying forward. Surely it would be better to hold at least one player forward at all times, especially if ICT go on the counter attack. It would also help if the ball is knocked or headed clear, if there's someone forward, he can try and gain possesion, but if everyones back then the opposition can take control and have another attack at goal.

Another thing as well is, I noticed at times that when Partick had a corner, they were only holding one guy back, who was standing on the half way line. If ICT had held one forward, chanced are they'd have held two back, had ICT held two forward, PArtick would've held three back, and so on. Now I'm not advocating puting five or six players forward, but if ICT were to keep a couple of guys forward then chances are it would diminish the opposition attack, by them having to hold more players back, players who could potentially cause some problems in the box had they been there. Discuss.

Edited by Renegade

i dont think its down to lack of confidence on the team its down to lack of confidence on the manager. If your told to go back and defend for every corner and free kick then as a player its what you have to do.

Butcher is too defensive and has shown that on a number of occassions.