Pub beside the ground.

FortressICT

A pub right next to the ground would be great pre and post match. It could be located just at the back of the home car park. Get everyone together before the game and get the atmosphere started from there.

Does anyone know if this has ever been thought of by the club? If it was ever build, would it make enough of a profit to keep itself going? Open at like 10am on match days, serve breakfast/lunch, have sky tv for the early KO, then go to the ground, tea, late game?

Think it could be a decent idea.

I have always thought it would be a good idea but you have to wonder whether it would actually pay for itself.

Considering pubs have a hard time making a decent profit these days, establishing one that would be full(-ish) once a fortnight for 8 months of the year might be folly. I know you could make the argument that they could/should also do weekday lunches etc and cater to the workers in the area but not convinced it would pay for itself.

Thinking laterally though, perhaps there is a way to make better use of something like the Kingsmills Suite as a matchday pub ... and havent the club done this for this season ?

Do county charge people to get in to strikers? ?I know it was turned over to ICT for the last game for hospitality so wasn't in. ?I was speaking to a mate last night who is a pars fan just now. ?To get in to legends bar before their games you've got to be a member. ?However membership only costs 5 quid per year! ?Seems a bit daft on the part of ICT that they're not making more of the fact they have a licensed premises?

I have always thought it would be a good idea but you have to wonder whether it would actually pay for itself.

Considering pubs have a hard time making a decent profit these days, establishing one that would be full(-ish) once a fortnight for 8 months of the year might be folly. I know you could make the argument that they could/should also do weekday lunches etc and cater to the workers in the area but not convinced it would pay for itself.

Thinking laterally though, perhaps there is a way to make better use of something like the Kingsmills Suite as a matchday pub ... and havent the club done this for this season ?

As Scotty has pointed out a bar that is open 18 times a year wont pay for itself. would a temporary beer tent be covered by the same alcohol license that is issued for the kingsmills suite as licenses arent cheap.

Some cafes etc have now stopped selling alcohol, one owner told me that his license has jumped up to ?1,400 for a small coffee shop, so now he doesnt have one. kind of a backward step if you as me as its the government who make all the profit on the sale of booze.

As Scotty has pointed out a bar that is open 18 times a year wont pay for itself. would a temporary beer tent be covered by the same alcohol license that is issued for the kingsmills suite as licenses arent cheap.

Some cafes etc have now stopped selling alcohol, one owner told me that his license has jumped up to ?1,400 for a small coffee shop, so now he doesnt have one. kind of a backward step if you as me as its the government who make all the profit on the sale of booze.

I remember being at Falkirk when they still played at Brockville and they had a tent set up where you could go to drink before games

I remember being at Falkirk when they still played at Brockville and they had a tent set up where you could go to drink before games

Think that's when Falkirk played at Ochilview for a season or two when Budwar were their shirt sponsors, let's get rid of FlyBe and get a brewery to sponsor us :023:

In principle the idea of a pub beside the ground is good. In practice it would take a lot of hard work at a time when pubs are closing their doors for good in numbers every week. It would take a hefty investment to build from scratch but there is an alternative, vacate the ground floor of the stadium barring dressing rooms and holding cells and you've got a decent sized shell for a bar/restaurant. Admin/offices can be relocated within the building.

I wouldn't fancy sharing a bar with OF fans though to be honest.