FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Refuse collections

Gringo

I know for a fact that many of you out there have had a darn sight more snow than we have down here in Coventry Nil. We've had up to about two inches (5 cm) down here but it was enough to screw things up. Not least the dustbin collections. Apparently the conditions were too dangerous for the rufuge crews! We didn't have a collection last week because of the holiday period so it's piling up a bit by us.

I'm interested to know how your area has coped with bin collections during this cold snap.

Also, our bin men won't collect bins if the lid is open by more than a 1/4 inch!!! It's a Health & Safety issue apparently!

It's too dangerous

I wish people in this country were more like the french over things like this. They wouldnt put up with this sloppy service. We should all Hold back our council tax for the month of december for the lack of services regarding Refuse collection and the shocking state of the roads and more imprtantly, the pavements! The costs to the public rises and rises and yet the serivces are cut back/get worse

I have seen a few facebook protests doing the rounds regarding the lack of services we have been experiencing. Havent seen the Grantown one tho. Thing is....these people SHOULD do something to protest....other than just sign up to it. When people have the balls to stand up and be counted AND stick to their principles...things start to change.

In this country....we allow ourselves to be walked over, regarding services...taxes etc etc

Edited by SMEE

Can't complain down this end. Stay in Dalneigh and mine got done on Xmas Eve and New Years Eve.

Maybe canna complain about the Refuse collection....but i heard the busses were cancelled in Dalneigh yesterday...coz the roads had not been treated.

Ours were done the Monday after Christmas..... They were due to be emptied Monday passed but were not done ....But they did do them on Tuesday tho and the side streets in Ardersier are just ice !!!

All refuse collections that were scheduled for Mondays over the holiday period were uplifted on the Tuesday . I doff my cap to the binmen for doing such a good job in these atrocious conditions .

Can't complain down this end. Stay in Dalneigh and mine got done on Xmas Eve and New Years Eve.

Maybe canna complain about the Refuse collection....but i heard the busses were cancelled in Dalneigh yesterday...coz the roads had not been treated.

Dunno about that, just over the river so never really use the buses. Plus the Mrs has a car.

Some roads are bad here aye, but that's no different from anywhere else in the country.

Hmmm....where did you hear that Dalneigh buses were cancelled because of the roads? I had to go collect my sister from Town yesterday, not because the bus couldn't/wouldn't come round Dalneigh, but because it had broken down outside the Co-op and passengers were told they had no replacement available. The bus sitting in the stance in Church Street with the Dalneigh Bus had also broken down and was being loaded onto recovery truck at the same time.

Streets in Dalneigh are a nightmare, but it many cases it's the residents own fault as gritters can't get round because of the stupid parking....made worse by the fact that people are not clearing their own drives to get cars off the street as they would normally.

My old man told me Don. Apparently busses were running....till one lost control on Bruce gardens i think it was so the rest were apparently cancelled....for a while at least. Maybe the no replacement busses was an excuse?

DalneighCaley, That's just one street...and if you can't get along St Valery Ave, Laurel Ave, Caledonian Rd, Hawthorn Dr, Dalneigh Rd etc etc then any gritter coming beyond the roundabout in Brice gardens is eventually going to find itself stuck.....I did actually see a gritter clearing as far as the roundabout from Smith Ave, far end of Bruce Gardens and Dochfour Dr.

SMEE, If I was still driving for Stagecoach then you can be sure I wouldn't be driving round Dalneigh in this, so not blaming drivers in the slightest if they were refusing. I was just pointing out that the weather would be a convenient excuse when in reality they simply didn't have sufficient buses on the road....after all, even when the roads are fine in the middle of summer they struggle to keep sufficient buses on the road to service all routes and Dalneigh is always one of the first they pull vehicles from.

we've had no bins collected since before christmas, yet the streets beside us have.

no snow plough either because we're in a cul de sac apparantly.

had to take a load of bin bags to henderson drive myself and have sent a bill to the council, although i wont hold my breath for payment

Live up in Hilton and bin men have been great. Pity no one could get bins to side of road easily as paths were and still are impossible to walk on but bin men emptied the bins by main road first then they trugged up each side road and dragged bins to van when possible so they were all emptied. I cant complain about them at all. I was surprised that they managed at all and very pleased that they did.

grantown has been horendous especially the main street,but a local jcb driver has been going around clearing the streets and garages off his own back.aviemore the gritters have been gritting select roads,owned by people who complain they need out to run there buisnesses,dont we all pay council tax?so entitled to same services?

grantown has been horendous especially the main street,but a local jcb driver has been going around clearing the streets and garages off his own back.aviemore the gritters have been gritting select roads,owned by people who complain they need out to run there buisnesses,dont we all pay council tax?so entitled to same services?

Some are content to use the weather as an excuse for non attendance, not me though. :029: