FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Too close for comfort !

Canada Bob

Hello PMF...

The Bookies say they'll take any bet, how many times do we hear that r sole McCrirrick telling us how Billy Hill have taken a bet of 100,000 quid and so on, but try getting more than a grand on and you struggle. I rarely phone them {Corals or any of them} as they make you wait on the phone to see if they can make money on your money by edging your bet on Betfair etc, but I wouldn't be betting with them if BF's price was better than theirs.

You tell me why they wouldn't take more than a couple of grand off mt for the Caley game ? it's not as though it was s stitch up ! it's bloody shameful to offer the price to 10 feckin p !!! but there's nowt that the Office of Fair Trading can do, a Bookie {any of them} have the right to refuse a bet, they don't refuse bets if your on a losing streak, or chasing your loses, but hit a winning streak and they'll {all} limit their "liability" to you to {say} a 1,000 quid, part of the reason is, they don't want you betting with them, so they restrict your bets to what they hope is no longer of interest to you, they don't want you taking anything out of their book {the miserable ********}.

Mind you, they did me a big favour today, when my Chelsea bet was weighed in, and Caley were 2-1 up I was going to have 3 grand on Oxford in the boat race, the price on line was 1/3 BUT when I went to "Confirm the Bet" they'd dropped the odds to 2/9 FFS !!! they didn't want the bet, but they did me a favour, big time, I declined the bet, no way am I taking 2/9 that Oxford float past the post first, so they saved me 3,500 quid !!!

I had a target in mind, an amount to win, but to get to that target in 2-3 bets meant that I'd need to put 3-5 grand on the bets, if they came in I'd quit and buy a new xdrive, 6 cylinder diesel Beamer out of the winnings, but if they limit me to a grand or two per bet then I have to pick more winners, and I'm no chancing that my luck will hold out that long, so I might just cash me chips in and take a sabbatical for a couple of months...

Canada Bob.

I bet you don't. :lol:

Aye, yer right enough, if only I could get money on a bet as certain as that :lol:

Tempting though to take what I've won and put a bit of me own money towards that Beamer I've got me eye on...

The thing is, Corals want to keep me in the minefield, {by reducing my stakes, that reduces their liability and is almost sure to se my luck run out}, so...

What would you guys do ? take the money and run{or drive, as this case may be}, or stay wandering around in the minefield looking to pick up the rest of the Beamer ?

Canada Bob.

Edited by Canada Bob