FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The SunSport Golden Boot

Alex MacLeod

My source tells me Adam Rooney is gutted and absolutely distraught about losing this. He's lost his motivation to keep scoring and doesn't even want to play again this season.

My brother, who is a taxi driver, picked up his Mam from the airport tonight. Adam is lying in bed crying and listening to Smiths records and his heading back to The Emerald Isle by the first possible flight. He is taking up hurling.

Since no one else has said it....well done Rory. After all he was an ICT player. He showed promise in the reserves everytime i seen him but didn't quite make it in the first team and to be honest looked quite hopeless at times but i'm glad he has found his form and probably his level. I really hope Brechin manage to get promoted this year to give him his chance in the first division.

Since no one else has said it....well done Rory. After all he was an ICT player. He showed promise in the reserves everytime i seen him but didn't quite make it in the first team and to be honest looked quite hopeless at times but i'm glad he has found his form and probably his level. I really hope Brechin manage to get promoted this year to give him his chance in the first division.

Aye, well done lad. :025:

Watch for Brewster signing him up for County. :023:

Rory is going to be a top player and all of you lot that barrated him as a 19 year old player coming through the ranks will be forced to admit you know absolutely f*ck all about football

Shocking the way that one of our own was treated by a bunch of internet goons that have probably never kicked a ball before in their lives.

Lets hope the next time we have a player with some promise that we learn to give them a chance before labelling them as p!sh

Rory is going to be a top player and all of you lot that barrated him as a 19 year old player coming through the ranks will be forced to admit you know absolutely f*ck all about football

Shocking the way that one of our own was treated by a bunch of internet goons that have probably never kicked a ball before in their lives.

Lets hope the next time we have a player with some promise that we learn to give them a chance before labelling them as p!sh

:025: :023: Nail on head Sir .

Who said he was pish? I was merely implying that a prolific goalscorer from the lower leagues may be attractive to Brewster in light of the contract he gave Barrowman.

Who said he was pish? I was merely implying that a prolific goalscorer from the lower leagues may be attractive to Brewster in light of the contract he gave Barrowman.

Not getting at you mate.. or really anyone in particular but at the time he was getting games for ICT he received dogs abuse on this forum.

We mustn't forget the HUGE gulf between divisions one and two.

Recent top scorers, Rory, Prunty and Barrowman have excelled in division two -

but quite simply are not good enough for the first division.

Never rated Rory (or Barrowman) at all - but keep going Rooney, there's another 5-6 goals in you this season!

Everyone does realise this isn't the real golden boot competition :D Some people seem to be acting like Rooney has missed out on something! He is what 1 goal behind Macallister with 3 games to go, Boyd has 5 games though so he can still win the golden boot.

Agree that Rory is likely to be a success at SPL level in the future but, then again, when I first saw Martin Bavidge when he made his ICT debut as a 16 year old I predicted that he would be playing for Scotland within 4 years !

Martin's choice to remain part-time and pursue a career in the oil industry I believe. Sensible choice to make for a young lad. We'll never know what could have happened and there's no point even thinking about it. Que cera, que cera, ...