FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Thanks Mr Chairman

Northern_jaggie

sorry for posting so late but i dont have the internet at home...

But last week at Ibrox i waited for my ticket outside the main stand where upon a wee man introduced himself as the Chairman Mike Smith and appologised for the time it took to get my ticket and hoped id enjoy the game. Id just like to say thanks for the gesture to me and the fans i was with for giving us such personal attention!

I get a general feel good factor supporting caley thistle, and days like that of ibrox just makes me love the club more. And as one final point - im so glad charlie - a man who loves the club more than any supporter - is doing so well. It really is a great time to be an inverness fan.  :003:

a wee man introduced himself as the Chairman Mike Smith

Don't think Alan Savage would be too happy that Mr Smith is introducing himself as the Chairman

Mike Smith isnt a 'wee man' - he is reasonably tall - so maybe the poster meant Alan Savage ??

:015: :015:

In which case Alan Savage might be more upset at being mistaken for Mike Smith.  :015:  It was indeed Alan Savage who sorted out ticketing at Hearts, so it does sound more likely it might have been him.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

If it was Mike Smith then well done that man. Mike Smith comes in for a lot of flak from some quarters but I have to say that I have always found him courteous and willing to help, his is not an easy task and is sometimes made difficult by petulant carping by some of the disaffected among us, keep up the good work Mike.

Like I said he seems a decent hand contrary to a couple of admins ideas

Sandy - please dont make scurrilous accusations.

There are only two admins on this site (and several message board moderators)and I do not think either of us have said anything derogatory about him on this site. The same cannot be said of recent postings that you have directed towards the site admins.

I have spoken to Mike in person a number of times, and we continue to keep in touch even now that the site is unofficial as we have provided (and continue to provide - in respect of Club Shop and Email) the club with temporary resources while their new site emerges from the planning and development stages and into its infancy.

I would agree that he is a 'decent hand' as you put it, and always seems quite willing to stop and chat with fans and on both occasions when I have visited Inverness since he took on his position, he has made the time to sit down with me for a good long chat. I have had disagreements (as opposed to arguments) with our chief exec on a couple of issues while the site was official, but these shall remain private between us.

It is true that other fans have commented on their opinions of his effectiveness in his role and I can only assume you are implying that by not deleting these posts we are agreeing with those opinions. If that is your assumption, then you are incorrect.

Guest Sandy Cromarty

Scotty, as usual a balanced riposte, and I duly withdraw my comment of 'two admins' which was written in ignorance of the fact that there are only two administrators, mais to be fair I have noted adverse comments in the past from two 'responsible' people on this site, comments which I felt were unwarranted and irresponsible and given that Mike Smith's job is at times like walking a tightrope I do draw a line at sniping against the day to day activities of the club, players come and go as we all know but we do need a professional business background and Mike Smith is doing well in this area.