FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT pitch

12th Man

With the recent downpour, I was just wondering how the improved drainage system was coping.

I'd hazard a guess that the pitch is waterlogged

I see you still start amazingly interesting threads :rotflmao:

dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

With the recent downpour, I was just wondering how the improved drainage system was coping.

I'd hazard a guess that the pitch is waterlogged

I see you still start amazingly interesting threads :rotflmao:

dougal

and come mid season Dougal when you are slating the club that they didn't do enough during the off season to fix the problem can we refer you back to this quote as way of highlighting that the club are doing something and that those of us who are fans that actually care about the club would rather see us move forward and attempt to correct what needs correcting as opposed to coming online and fishing for an argument about anything and everything all the while maintaining a holier than thou attitude

back on topic, im afraid i cant help as i'm not Inverness based at the moment however i haven't seen much signs of work on the pitch...it is however looking great so maybe i missed it while i'm away and they are getting it in shape for this season

Edited by Tug

Does anyone actually know if it's the draining on the pitch that was causing problems? My understanding was that unusually high tides were backing up the drains so I'd have thought non-return valves, sumps and sump pumps would do the trick without any need to touch a blade of grass.

Does anyone actually know if it's the draining on the pitch that was causing problems? My understanding was that unusually high tides were backing up the drains so I'd have thought non-return valves, sumps and sump pumps would do the trick without any need to touch a blade of grass.

Shh dont mention the tides was a bit of a red herring or it would have been an ongoing problem for years.

High tide was not exceptionally high when our last game was postponed and didnt coincide with the pitch inspection either.

Good to hear from you again Dougal after your absence, keep taking the tablets or we may lose you again for a while.

Fancy sponsoring our players for £10, or are you keeping the cash to spend on dog grooming products.

Edited by 12th Man

The problems was a culmination of things...that included an exceptionally high tide, but that on it's own would not normally have caused a problem.

From what I understand, the club had the problem fully investigated and it would appear that the compacting work that took place when the USH was installed and contributed too and/or caused some of the drains under the pitch to collapse (mostly in the North West corner). As well as rendering those drains useless it also allowed material in which caused blockages elsewhere.

Not sure if the work is finished, but the reason the pitch was not used for friendlies (or anything else) over the summer was because it is/was being repaired.

The rain this weekend will have been a good test of the repair work, but not heard any reports (good or bad) on it, but I shall endeavour to get more info first chance I get.

Not so sure about being exceptionally high, 2/4/11 4.3m. I would say the high tide was high but not exceptionally high.

But in fairness to the average Joe Blogs looking at the sea they may think that it was very high and unless they go out and measure it every 12 hours or look at admiralty tide tables how would they know any better.

20/3/11 5.3m, now I would call that exceptionally high.

Not that I want to start splitting hairs was just surprised it was mentioned at the time,the torrential rain through the night was a good enough reason on its own.

It was just bad luck that the heavy downpour postponed the game, just the same as it mucked up the Scottish Open.

Edited by 12th Man

Asked about the pitch when down yesterday and got the response that during the weekend of heavy rain "You could go sailing in the car park, but would have had no trouble playing a game on the pitch"

The work is complete and the pitch just needs a wee bit more growth to fill out the marks left behind so all is good.