FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tudur Jones

I am sitting on the fence in respect of my opinion of Owain. Is there anybody who has an insight on him prior to coming to us - is he displaying his usual style - plodding and lackadaisical (albeit potentially effective) - or is he simply not match fit ? Where is the Canary when ya need him !!

I understand that he didnt feature in pre season training at Norwich but - if that is true why is he in the side at the expense of Ross and Shinnie.

He was certainly anonymous yeterday and was injured before he was hooked.

Disappointing really as I expected better from an international player, and Tansey was a shadow of his potential as well.

I felt fer Tansey as he clearly made himself available fer the ball but it was invariably hoofed over him - plus I also suspect that it was the match plan and Tansey was asked - understandably against Rangers - to hold a defensive line with Jones and allow Hayes and Doran to do the foraging. But that is nt his style / forte but against the OF he will have to adjust.

As I said - what is the Tudor Jones - pre ICT ?

Disappointing really as I expected better from an international player

Even when the nation in question is ranked below the Faroe Islands, and he doesn't even feature in the team any more?

I've seen some good touches, tackles and passes from him that indicate that he could be an excellent player for us. Just need to sort out the mobility and energy. Hopefully he's not fully fit yet.

i think the main concern is will we see him again in the near future? He was walking on crutches down Greig Street today.

I had been impressed with him up until now, he was average yesterday but then again so was everyone.

According to TB on MFR, it might be a cartilage, so he could be out for a good while. But plodding and pedestrian? Think not. He's got a good pass, good movement for a big guy and he can tackle. And yes, he's three games into a new league in a new team in a new country so I'd hazard a guess he's still settling in. Hope it's nothing too serious, and he returns to disappoint some of the naysayers on here.

Be fair though. Sensational in the first game. Injured in the third. No pre-season with either us or Norwich, it appears. I seem to remember Eagle being a far better winger than Hayes in the trial matches, so let's not rush to judgement. Give him a few games to get bedded in at least.

My answer is... who has seen him play a full game, either live or on tv? is playing in front of the defence his normal place? maybe he should play further forward.

Oh aye, he prefers Jeans to trousers and shirts to tee-shirts...... ok?

Edited by caley100

How the hell are ICT fans going to know anything about the boyo, boyo. :shrug:

Answer the question yersel.

Becos - you grumpy pld git - there is a feckin Canary in Norwich and we do have some welsh based ICT supporters,plus the lad has played around the English divisions - but given his latest injury and this Swansea fans blog - oh Dear !!

Owain Tudur Jones

2008/2009

Profile provided by Andrew Thomas

Another player who`s has suffered with long term injury worries, much was expected from OTJ, and as he was starting to deliver his promise another long term injury sidelined him.

Hard working in midfield, Owain is another player whose strength is reading the game, and his potential has been recognised by John Toshack, who has called him up to the Welsh squad on a few occasions.

Despite coming from north Wales, Owain is apparently quite well adjusted and is not a Liverpool supporter.

2007/2008

OTJ was yet another player who suffered from our midfield injury curse last season. Owain is unlikely to play again until September due to his ongoing knee injury. He looked like a bargain signing when he arrived at the club two years ago, forcing his way into the Swans team and John Toshack`s Welsh squad.

Coming from North Wales, Owain`s stirring pre match Welsh speeches have had a marked impact on the other Welsh speakers in the squad.

2006/2007

OTJ made an impressive start for the Swans and soon established himself as a first team regular until a knee ligament injury put him out of action for two months following the New Years Eve game at Swindon. His start to this season has also been hampered by his recent surgery. Called into John Toshack`s Welsh squad for the game with the Basques, OTJ was unavailable for the game due to the Swans unsuccessful play off final against Barnsley.

His contribution to the team was initially rewarded with a one year deal at the start of last season, but this was extended to two year in January.

Owain says that if he hadn`t been a professional footballer, he would have taken up an offer to join the New York Mets basketball team.