FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sunday Mail

standbydave

Looking through the Sunday Mail results section did anybody notice a certain Shiels from Kilmarnock was in the team of the day as top striker.This from a team who had just got thumped and only had 3 shots on target all day.This just shows me what a Highland-Lowland divide this paper is. At least Andrew Shinnie scraped into the list.

I don't think this is evidence of a Highland/Lowland divide, I think it is a case of recognising the work put in by a striker who could easily have let his head drop instead of showing the mettle to have a go at the team who were ripping his team apart.

I sometimes wonder whether these rags actually send reporters to the games they report on. Far to often the "reports" bear no resemblence at all to the objective analyses we read on CTO.

Every piece of writing you read anywhere is tainted by the author's bias, CTO reports are no different.

Those papers are more biased towards the Lowlands because they are Glasgow papers, how many Lowlanders look at the P&J and think ther reverse? How many weejies want to read about Hamish McSporran getting fined ?150 for puking in the street then swearing at Police? However, I think if you watch the match again and concentrate on how good a game Dean Shiels had then you might just feel he merited a place in the "Team of the day". I don't believe Shiels inclusion in the ToD is evidence of a North/South bias but the emitting of some ICT players from the ToD might show that a bias exists.

What about Jedward in a ICT top spewing in the Park Bar ??
Yeah, but the Park Bar is for teuchters only, so the lowland press wouldn't know about that one!

I've heard from sources though that three 'outsiders' (practically southerners I'm led to believe) were there and are informing those outside the teuchter triangle of the happenings.