FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Curse Continues....

Harry Chibber

Na I'm the same, really liked Proctor when he was at the club and thought he would be a cracking player for us in years to come but he was obviously promised the world by Brewster... 

Still, interesting none the less that Robson seems to be the only player/manager to escape the curse

i was speaking to a tangerine friend of mine and the topic of the "smith only picks central belt lads" conspiracy came up and i asked him out of all the united players who would he thinks deserves a cap for scotland and the first name out of his mouth was barry

he seems to be a really big hit up there and i wondered wether hed ever consider coming back up here

IMO barry is one of the best players ever to grace caledonian stadium and i think he really deserves the united captincy

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Proctor didn't ask to leave, he was sold. And what about Alan Smart? He did pretty well after he left us.

Proctor - looked like a good backup for Rossco before he was sold - sorry it seems to be going a little pear shaped for him, hope he can knuckle down and prove himself. If he gets released, I would even consider having him back ......

Robson - definitely one of the best players to have worn an ICT shirt. We got him as a raw youngster and aside from his petulance, he was great to watch. Definitely worth a call-up. would have him back in a second but dont think we would be able to afford him now !!

I noticed recently that Proctor was the only member of the first team squad to be played in a Forfarshire Cup tie. Not a good sign for him. He was also one of the more guilty parties when Utd were leaking goals in the weeks before Levein came in.

Robson on the other hand has been their best player over the last few seasons.

Professor RIG,

My theory is this. When we joined the SPL our drive was that we had to prove Speirs and the other doubters wrong that we would be relegated. In year two it was very much the same but with extra drive to prove we could punch above our weight and reach the promised land of UEFA. This year began badly but we were then driven by Brewster's misfortune and until he was sacked that acted as a major driver in our performances. Now that he has gone we have achieved nothing. The fear of relegation did not motivate the players against Motherwell. This week we have openly fought amongst ourselves. Hence my belief that the curse may be operating in reverse. Somebody has to find a solution to turn it back in our favour.

CELTIC1CALEY3

Professor RIG,

My theory is this. When we joined the SPL our drive was that we had to prove Speirs and the other doubters wrong that we would be relegated. In year two it was very much the same but with extra drive to prove we could punch above our weight and reach the promised land of UEFA. This year began badly but we were then driven by Brewster's misfortune and until he was sacked that acted as a major driver in our performances. Now that he has gone we have achieved nothing. The fear of relegation did not motivate the players against Motherwell. This week we have openly fought amongst ourselves. Hence my belief that the curse may be operating in reverse. Somebody has to find a solution to turn it back in our favour.

CELTIC1CALEY3

as I keep mentioning on numerous threads Christie has collected more points in his time in charge than Brewster did... that doesn't seem to be much of a curse. 

as I keep mentioning on numerous threads Christie has collected more points in his time in charge than Brewster did... that doesn't seem to be much of a curse. 

Not only is not much of a curse, it seems to be a fact that the boo-boys would rather ignore when they are having a pop at CC.