FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Morgan to County

Libero

I posted this thread in the ICT forum but if it is deemed rumour then could one of the moderators move it please.

According to the Daily Record 'Soccer Shorts' section in todays edition, Alan Morgan will move to County on loan in the January transfer window.

I think Morgan has a future with this club and a short team loan move would seem like an ideal move in order to get him first team action while Richard Hastings has a tight grip on the left back slot.

Any views?

'while Richard Hastings has a tight grip on the left back slot.'  :007: :007:

Wee bit surprised at that one - if its accurate, Morgan is good enough for most teams outwith the SPL, Nairn are not exactly setting the heather on fire.

Still think Morgan is worthy of a start, or at the very least an appearance off the bench for the first team.  He has something which seems to be lacking for us at the moment and thats the ability to deliver a dangerous cross into the box from the flanks.  If the Strikers want more service, this is the kind of player we should be putting on the park.

Still think Morgan is worthy of a start, or at the very least an appearance off the bench for the first team.  He has something which seems to be lacking for us at the moment and thats the ability to deliver a dangerous cross into the box from the flanks.  If the Strikers want more service, this is the kind of player we should be putting on the park.

Totally agree but for whatever reason our management don't seem to think so and prefer to play people out of position instead of Morgan  :024:

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

He's got more in his locker than just good crosses. He's as strong as a horse. Nobody else in the squad holds the ball better than him. I don't think I've ever seen him get knocked off the ball or shielded out by a right back. He gives us a bit of much needed muscle.

• 1 month later...

Just read that  Morgan is no longer available for loan.

Apparently his attitude and work rate were in question but he seems to have gotten his finger out in recent weeks and is back in CC good books

sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind .... didnt Pele put Wyness on the transfer list at one point ? .... he also sent Barry Robson to Forfar on loan, a move that the player was furious with, but one that saw him come back a far better player ....

If he had become a bit complacent in training it was likely down to the fact that he wasn't getting a sniff at the First Team - a bit of a catch 22 for CC. 

For any player - a message to buck up or be shipped is probably the only real option in these circumstances.  If a player has a real desire to stay and earn his place then he will respond, if he doesn't then he's probably not worth any further effort and your aswell to get him off the wage bill.

Fortunately it seems Morgan has responded well and I fully expect him to go on and secure a more permanent place in the starting 11.

Unfortunately if thats the case then it could spell the end for McBain.

Whatever happens I wouldn't be suprised to see one of them moved on during the summer.

I still struggle to see what Roy does to command an automatic place in the team. He's maybe had about 3 games where he's played well this season, and those were against weaker opposition. I'd much rather we had Morgan or Rankin playing on the left, with Black or Duncan in the middle

None of us know the real reasons behind some decisions but if any player is not providing the comittment they are paid to provide then actions have to be taken. All our players are employees of the company and, as such, must work for their earnings. If this was any other business they would likely be shown the door. Hopefully all the squad will see this as being a positive action and act accordingly.

As for McBain, he has shown a marked improvement in recent weeks.

Just from reading and listening to match commentaries etc I always got the impression that Morgan was a good acquisition and if played regularly could do a good job for ICT.

Probably was not happy about NOT being played regularly and slipped off the ball a wee bit.. :006: