FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tade offered new deal!

caley100

We've got an option on him so Tade partnering Balotelli will have to wait until the season after next.

Why always Tade?

I have just had a vision of twin roadrunners on speed.

Same one as I had months ago only it was the Tade / Golobart connection

seriously He is avery usefull player to have and we should be glad he is going to be with us again coming season.

Well i was kind of disappointed that he was offered a new deal so soon, i would rather see what he can do in the last few games of the season.

If he can show that the shyte displays and misses that he's been having were just a wee lack of form and that he can play a bit and score then offer him a contract.

What happens if he gets a deal and his form continues as it is now?

This has got to be the worst season in the SPL for us scoring goals and watching poor games i've seen.

Edited by caley100

Re-signing the big man can't do much harm for another season, true he has a completely unique way of playing the game and has been guilty of wasting opportunities but if we do it quick then it gives us more time to assess our other forwards, and also perhaps tackle the more pressing problem of how we are going to play the ball through our midfield - not over their heads - this will ultimately take some pressure off Tade & whoever he is paired with...

...It'll keep the boo boys happy in the bridge end too!!

Appalling decision to award Tade a new contract. This move can only indicate Butchers desire to continue with the long ball pish next season. A decision which will ultimately see our ever dwindling attendances be considerably lower next season and will all but guarantee a relegation battle.

The happy clappers on here will all lap up this bullshit because Tade "works ever so hard for the cause" and "never gives up on even the most hopeless long ball". No other walk of life see's people who can't produce the goods being rewarded. Call me what you like, I might be a boo boy, or negative or whatever. Bottom line is I'm a fan of this club and I'm pissed off that we are run by a shower of absolutely grade A f**kwits that manage to make us look amateur at every possible opportunity.

^ So you would rather our top goalscorer for this season is allowed to walk away given that there are hardly a queue of high quality players within our budget looking to relocate? Be interesting to see who you suggest as alternatives?

Better to resign him and try get someone else in then at least we have someone who has scored some SPL goals - if not next season we could end up with nobody to lead the line.

As for the long ball, agreed it is a flawed tactic and we need to start playing through the midfield, which means there is an onus on Tade to improve his footwork and ability to hold up the ball which IMO should be better given he is a big, strong player.

9 Goals (all from open play) despite being played out of position for large parts of the season and not having a suitable partner up front for the rest.

Only thing that surprises me is that there's not other teams chasing his signature.

• Agree 1

I dont feel that using stats to judge players this season is the right thing to do. Tade may not have been the most prolific striker the club has seen but he's done pretty well all things comsidering. We have to remember that the club has be savaged by injury from start to finish and i dont think for we have started a match with what TB would call the 1st 11. If we had been lucky with injuries and not insanely unlucky than i truely dont think we would be where we are now. With Hayes, Doran, A Shinnie, Tudor-Jones being injured for so much of the season as well as losing Cox and Davies loan ending, its hard to gel and bond with players when the team keeps changing. The fringe players have done well when called apon but just dont deliver that final punch and its hard for players like tade when there not getting the final ball. With our best wide men and attacking midfielders being out for so long i dont think we have done as bad as we could have and i fully expect us to be pushing for top 6 next season.

So taking everything into consideration, I think Tade is well worth a new deal and IMO i think it should be a 2 year

I like that clip Dalneigh, not sure even that would help Djebi Tade though sadly

Tade is not a proven goalscorer and he should never be made out to be, he needs a proven goalscorer next to him for the partnership to even have a chance to work

I personally don't see him as a starter although he could be effective coming of the bench in certain instances

First division standard striker if you ask me but we can't complain as the Raith fans had pre warned us to be fair

Dougal

^ So you would rather our top goalscorer for this season is allowed to walk away given that there are hardly a queue of high quality players within our budget looking to relocate? Be interesting to see who you suggest as alternatives?

Better to resign him and try get someone else in then at least we have someone who has scored some SPL goals - if not next season we could end up with nobody to lead the line.

As for the long ball, agreed it is a flawed tactic and we need to start playing through the midfield, which means there is an onus on Tade to improve his footwork and ability to hold up the ball which IMO should be better given he is a big, strong player.

Dress it up however you like. He may well be our top goalscorer, but that's not really saying much in this squad choc full of talentless crap. If Tade were to have scored even a small percentage increase of the chances he has had ALL SEASON, then we'd not be 4 games from the end of the season and still mathematically able to be relegated.

Unless there is massive wholesale change of the squad again, this time bringing QUALITY players, I'm absolutely certain we will be relegated next season. The re-signing of Tade does not fill me with confidence that there will be massive wholesale changes with quality players coming in.

Played in the rigth position with an actual strike partner, McKay is still one of the worst to EVER grace a ICT shirt, then he may benefit and become better. Sign a couple more stikers though (no suggestions as of yet) to get him thinking and stop being so frustrating that you want to go on the pitch and shake him!